Has it happened to you? It happened to my husband… you go to get a loan, adjust your credit card limit, apply for a mortgage… only to get turned down. But you don’t know why. So you make some calls, do a little research and discover you’re one of the unlucky thousands that has had their identity stolen! Brace yourselves… you’ve got paper work, hours on the phone and some major headaches in your future. If you’re smart you’ll avoid all that hassle and heart ache and protect yourself before it even happens! That’s where LifeLock comes to the rescue!
LifeLock will save the day before you even know that the day needs to be saved! Take for example the recent data breach with Home Depot. Not Fun! A data breach occurs when your confidential information – Social Security number, credit card number or health information – is exposed or accessed by an unauthorized person. Ain’t Nobody got time for that!
As a DIYer and Crafter I spend a lot of time and money in stores like Home Depot. The last thing on my mind when I whip out the bank or credit card to pay is identity theft! Thats where LifeLock comes into play! With LifeLock identity theft protection, I never have to worry! And The new LifeLock Ultimate Plus program offers several new activity alerts that add peace of mind against identity fraud in a digitally connected world.
LifeLock has 5 tips for protecting yourself from the nightmare of identity theft…
- Monitor your transactions: Check your transactions on a regular basis.
- Report suspicious transactions immediately: If you see a card transaction—even a small one—that doesn’t look right, contact the card issuer immediately. The phone number you’ll need to call is on the back of your card.
- Order a new debit card: If you believe your debit card number was compromised, don’t wait for fraudulent charges to start appearing on your statement. Request a new card from your bank. This way, you reduce the chances of a criminal depleting your bank account, and you avoid potential challenges in recovering your funds. Credit cards offer more protection and less risk because funds are not directly withdrawn from your bank account as they are with a debit card.
- Follow the story: Investigation of this crime is still under way. Watch for the latest news and communication from Home Depot.
- Consider using an identity protection service: LifeLock provides identity protection products and services you can count on. In fact, with LifeLock Advantage™ and LifeLock Ultimate Plus™, we can help you detect fraudulent activity with alerts for cash withdrawals, balance transfers and large purchases within our extensive network
Protecting yourself from the hassle of identity theft isn’t all that hard, especially with LifeLock in your corner! And to make it even easier, I’ve got a discount code code for you too! For 10% off use promo code “breachwatch”.
What do you do to protect yourself from identity theft?