This girls got hair. Lots and Lots and Lots of hair! Don’t believe me? Check it out…
Told ya! Yes. My hair is down to my behind. Yes. It can get annoying. Yes. I sit on it/get it stuck in car doors/accidentally pull my own hair. In the summer, my hair pretty much never comes down from the top knot I sport on a daily basis. But when I am in the mood to do something different with my hair, I love to leave it down… in all its ridiculously long glory. But I didn’t get this fabulously long hair overnight… its taken time, effort and the right hair care products.
If you’ve got the dream or your own head of fabulously long hair, these 5 tips are sure to help 🙂
1. Be Gentle. Tearing through your hair when you’re brushing can do a lot of damage. Detangle with your fingers or a wide tooth comb.
2. Trim those ends! With long lengths, it can be tempting to skip out on regular hair trims. After all, the purpose of growing it out wasn’t exactly to cut it! But those regular trims will keep your ends nice and healthy.
3. Deep Condition on a Regular Basis. Don’t just condition those ends, use an all over deep overnight or leave-in deep conditioning treatment at least monthly. It’s a great way to help repair hair and soften locks.
4. Skip the Hair Washing! Did you know that using shampoo on a daily basis can actually dry out your hair? I only wash my hair twice a week. Occasionally I’ll stretch it even longer (and wear a hat) and let the natural oils do their thing.
5. Avoid Heat Damage. We can’t always skip the hot tools (my bangs go all kinds of crazy if I don’t use the flat iron to straighten them), so protect your hair with products like TRESemme’s Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray. Its my go to product to protect my precious locks when I straighten my hair (like above). Not to mention that it adds a little extra shine 🙂
How do you Transform your hair from everyday to something fun? If you share your hair transformation with a before and after split pic on instagram and the hashtag #TresemmeTransformation you could win a TRESemmé prize pack! One winner will be selected every week. You can get all the contest details by Clicking Here!