Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year that seems more stressful than the other holidays. If you forget your sweetie, they’ll be upset with you, yet most people don’t have a lot of cash in their budget for this event, particularly when it’s been less than two months after Christmas. The good news is that most men and women are simply happy to spend time together, and dates needn’t be expensive. You don’t need to spend a lot of money, but they don’t need to be boring either. These 5 frugal valenetine’s day date ideas will help you stick to your budget AND spoil your love!
Frugal Valentine’s Day date ideas may be the best option. Get your loved one to agree skipping money on stuff, and instead spend it on an affordable experience that you can both enjoy together.
- Drop everything and agree to spend the night of February 14th together. Choose to do something you never have time to do. Perhaps you can never watch an entire two hour movie together as the dishes need to be done, or a report needs to be written. Turn off the computer and cell phones and concentrate on just each other.
- Often on Valentine’s Day many restaurants raise the prices, and it can be hard to book a reservation at the last minute. Instead, choose to prepare a home-cooked meal at home. But instead of opting in for a packaged frozen dinner, spend time in advance deciding on the menu. Browse cookbooks. You can each choose a recipe to prepare on Valentine’s Day. You can even buy an affordable bottle of wine, as it won’t be marked up four times by an eating establishment.
- When was the last time you both went for a walk together? Dress appropriately for the weather and head outdoors for a long walk. Be sure to stay out for at least one hour. You can hold hands and have a chat about things. Keep topics lighthearted—this is supposed to be a fun date after all. When reaching home again, have a nice hot chocolate to warm you both up.
- Do you have unwatched movies on your PVR or DVDs? Perhaps you have a closet full of card and board games, but never enough time to play, or a bunch of video games you’ve never opened. Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to plan doing all those date ideas that never seem to happen during the rest of the month. Be sure that you both agree on games or movies, or better yet, you each can choose one, without complaint.
- Since Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year, you may choose to head out to a tourist attraction. Many are still affordable, and you can spend the entire afternoon together checking out the sites. You can even decide to head further from home, and have a longer drive. Two hours or less would be the optimum length of drive, allowing you plenty of time to drive there, spend a few hours at the attraction, then drive back home again.
Give one of these frugal valenetine’s day date ideas a try! Together in person or together despite the miles, what matters the most is spending time with the one you love 🙂