2 months in a row I’ve done the local market. That’s 2 months in a row that I’ve gone a little bit insane for a week (or more) making ALL THE THINGS while trying to maintain my blog, clients and home. This last month a puppy was added to the mix… so Crunch Time became rather… er… crunchy? Anyways… There are some essentials that I Just Can’t Live Without when I’m down to the wire and working night and day! Here are my 7 Crunch Time Essentials!
1. Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller — When you’re sleeping an average or 5 hours a night for 10+ days, you tend to get some big’ole dark circles under your eyes! I’d look like a raccoon if it wasn’t for this eye roller!!
2. ALL THE COFFEE. Seriously. When you’re sleeping less than 5 hours per night, you need some caffeine in order to function… well at least I do. And of course, with yummy coffee, you also need adorable coffee mugs! I LOVE my Owl Mug, but I firmly believe that you can never have too many awesome mugs…. so I Need this Grumpy Cat Mug and this Unicorn Farts Mug too! (I might also need this Pittsburgh Steelers mug set!)
3. An Ongoing “To Do List” — other wise I’ll forget what I’m supposed to be working on next! Or forget something important (like garbage day. Opps!) And just as important as the actual to do list is the notebook you write it in! I LOVE this one, this one and OMG — This one is my Fav!
4. A Meal Plan. This might seem silly, or a bit of a no brainer, but when I get into the midst of making things, I forget to eat… sometimes for an entire day! And we all know how improtant it is for our bodies to get proper fuel! So I have to plan out my meals, prep as much as I can ahead of time and then set reminders in my phone so that I don’t forget to eat! Boy am I ever glad I discovered FitsMe… makes life much simpler!
5. A REALLY good moisturizer! A friend introduced my to Posh, and I am HOOKED. I’ve been using the MOISTURIZE 911 CAFFEINATED FACE CREME… let me tell ya… this stuff is GOOD! Especially since I’ve been running on little sleep and too much coffee!
6. Basic Make Up — While I pretty much lock myself in the house during these manic making sessions, I do occasionally have to leave the house… that means putting on a least a little make up! Gotta look presentable at least 😉 My go to’s for basic make up are BB Cream, Mascara and a little Bronzer.
7. Easy to Wear Outfits. Just because I lock myself away and sew for endless hours, doesn’t mean I don’t want to look decent! You never know when you’ll have to run to the store or post office or someone will show up at your door. Besides, I find I am far more productive when I actually get dressed in the morning as opposed to just throwing on whatever is left in the clean laundry basket. On an average Make All The Things day you’ll find me in any of these types of things… (Click on the image for more details)
I love easy to wear clothes that are still cute and fashionable! Thank goodness most people don’t care if I wear yoga pants out of the house, even if I’m not going to the gym 🙂
What are your must haves or essentials to get through crunch time?