In just a few weeks I’ll be headed to Dallas to hang out with some of my Favorite Bloggers! The TXWB Network is putting together a Farm-to-Table Dinner with FANTASTIC sponsors and I can’t wait to go and hang out with the likes of The Bitsy Button, A Girl and Merle, I Heart Motherhood, Three31 and Pink Heels Pink Truck. In preparation for this evening of fun and great food, a number of us are doing a little self interview and answering some fun questions! Here’s to getting to know me…
2. How did you come up with your blog’s title? I used to blog under “Finding My Way in Texas” but after living here for a year, I wasn’t really finding my way any more. So it was time for a change and I wanted a name that would grow with me. I tried a number of variations and combos until I found one that I liked and was available as a dot com.
3. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging for 3.5 years.
4. When we visit your blog, what can we expect to discover? If you’re visiting Busy Being Jennifer you’ll find crafts, recipes, DIY projects, bits about my life, tutorials, fashion and stuff about my handmade shop 🙂
5. Share the link to your favorite or most popular blog post(s) –>> My most popular post, by far, is this round up of DIY Gift Ideas for Men, followed by some Truffle Recipes and a post about the Legal Stuff You Need to Know when Hosting a Giveaway
6. What are three goals you have for your blog next year? I’d like to get to another blogging conference. Get published somewhere other than my blog. Get a whole month of blog posts written in advance and keep it that way 🙂
7. Tell us about your family. Are you married or in a relationship? Do you have kids? If so, how many and how old are they? Do you have pets? I’m married to the love of my life… a rough and tumble cowboy type… he’s annoying as heck, the pickiest eater I’ve ever met and can make me laugh until I pee my pants not matter what is going wrong. I wouldn’t change a thing 🙂 We have no kids, but we have 3 furbabies – The Monster Kittens, also known as Bliss and Tang and Bitly our 7 month old Rat Terrier Puppy.
8. What part of Texas do you call home? I live in a tiny 2 stoplight town, with one grocery store and a sad excuse for a Walmart. We’re an hour North of Forth Worth… which is just far enough to make it inconvenient to “head to town”.
9. How do you make a living? I’m a “house wife”/blogger/handmade shop owner/photographer/jill-of-a-trades … I get bored if I’m not busy 😉
10. Have you attended blog conferences or social events in the past? If this is your first time, what are you most nervous about? I’ve been to Bloggy Boot Camp and Blissdom. This is my first TXWB meet up and the first non-conference Blogger hang out. I’M SO EXCITED!!
11. What are you looking forward to the most at the TXWB dinner event? I’m looking forward to hanging out with my bloggy friends, good food and connecting with some bloggers that I haven’t had a chance to meet in real life before!
12. Finally, share your social media links so we can connect online! You can find me here …