There is something about a cherry trifle that gets my sweet tooth ALL KINDS of happy! So imagine the dance my tastebuds were doing when I decided to try my recipe creation skills with this decadent Red Velvet Cherry Trifle!
Also, is it too soon to start thinking about and planning for Valentine’s Day? Cause I am seriously thinking that this Decadent Red Velvet Cherry Trifle HAS to be on the menu! Even my picky eater husband is a fan of this delicious dessert. It must be the red velvet factor. He’s a red velvet fanatic and I can’t say that I blame him. Its good stuff!!
Doesn’t this trifle look amazing? You need to RUN, not walk, to the store and stock up on these ingredients so you can while this delicious desert up when the mood strikes… or right now. 😉
1 9 x 13 prepared red velvet cake mix (or scratch, whichever you prefer)
1 tub Prepared Whipped Topping
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling (large can)
1 Milk Chocolate Bar
½ C Cherry liquor or Kirsch (optional)
1. Break up the cake into bite size pieces
2. Line the bottom of a trifle dish with ½ of the prepared cake pieces
3. Slowly drizzle ¼ c of the cherry liquor over the cake pieces
4. Dollop half of the tub of whipped topping on top of the cake
5. Dollop half of the can of cherry pie filling on top of the whipped topping
6. Grate/shred some of the chocolate over top the pie filling.
7. Start the layer again: cake, liquor, whipped topping and pie filling.
8. Either grate/shred more chocolate over the top, or cut remaining pieces of chocolate into small bits and decorate on the top.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
And now? Now its time to Enjoy!! And enjoy you will!
The layers of cake, whipped cream, Cherry pie filling, chocolate and just a hint of cherry liquor, combine into heavenly bites of decadent Red Velvet Cherry Trifle that DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!
And yes. Thats a promise! *
*but its not a garuntee so don’t sue me if you aren’t as big a fan of this dessert as I am. I’m a sucker for all things cherry and/or red velvet.
If you’re a big lover of all things trifile, you’re going to want to check out these recipes too!