This updated 40 before 40 list contains affiliate or brand partner links. Read our full disclosure here.
About 5 years ago I wrote a 40 before 40 list, and then promptly forgot about it! Having turned 35 this month, I figured time it was time to update it, and realized that in the last 5 years my goals and dreams have changed a fair bit! So its time to update that 40 before 40 list, swap some things that aren’t of interest to me anymore and officially cross off some of the things I’ve accomplished!
You can read my original 40 before 40 list here (but its changed a lot and the graphics are sooooo bad lol)
1. Visit Family in Canada.
2. Go on a vacation anywhere with my Sister, Brother-in-Law and Niece. – We started figuring out a plan for this a few months ago! Hoping to pick dates soon!
3. Open a Boutique – this could be happening in the next 2 years!
4. Visit Friends in Michigan
5. Learn a second Language (probably Spanish, but maybe Romanian!)
6. 10th Anniversary getaway! – 2.5 years from now… where should we go?
7. Take some college business classes.
8. Design a fabric line.
9. Complete 50 pinterest inspire projects. – Pretty sure I crushed this. Just don’t have any actual proof other than this here blog. LOL
10. Speak at a blogging or women’s conference. – Fingers crossed for 2019! I’ve got several conferences I plan on applying to!
11. Go on a REAL vacation (NO work at all)
Left – July 2018 | Right – September 2016 = 52 pounds lost!
12. Lose 30 pounds – Done!!
13. Lose 50 pounds – DONE!!
14. Lose 80 pounds – my next big goal!
15. Reach my goal weight and maintain it.
16. Disney World with Taylor.
17. Complete 100 pinterest inspired projects. – Pretty sure I crushed this. Just don’t have any actual proof other than this here blog. LOL
18. Go on at least 4 getaways with my hubby. – 1 down, 3 to go!
19. Get a second car or SUV for me. – Hubby got a motorcycle, so that makes the SUV mine and means I can cross this one off the list. 😉
20. Go to at least 10 blogging or creative conferences. – Been to 3, planning on hitting 3 or more in 2019!
21. Hit 1,000 sales in my shop – If I count my local market sales, I’ve got to be close to 500 sales, maybe even 600!
22. Start second blog/biz – In the works!!
23. Girls weekend away with my BFF Vanessa.
24. Go Glamping.
25. Vacation with “my girls” 🙂
26. Build/Create my dream studio. – Started the building plans!
27. Be featured or published in a magazine.
28. Go shopping in New York City.
29. Learn how to play the guitar.
30. Visit and Stay at a southern Plantation House.
31. Donate my Hair – Done x2!
32. Hit 1,000,000 page views on my blog. – So apparently I did hit this milestone about 3 months ago and had NO idea! WooHoo!!
33. Write and Publish a book.
34. Purchase a long arm quilting machine.
35. Route 66 roadtrip.
36. Blogging Besties weekend away.
37. Run a 5k. – Might be happening sooner than I thought!
38. Road trip through at least 5 states.
39. Go skydiving.
40. Hot air balloon ride.
So out of this 40 before 40 list, I can cross off 8 things as totally done and 9 in progress. I’ve got slightly less than 5 years to crush the remaning items, but I have no doubt that I won’t have a problem with that!