Yep! I’m back with even MORE things you can do in 10 minutes to improve your blog! Back in March I shared 10 things that only take 10(ish) minutes that you can do to grow and improve your blog. You know for those times where you want to accomplish something, but you don’t have a whole lot of time. I also love this list for when I get creative block and need to do something productive and slightly distracting to do!
- Promote a recent post on Instagram – Share a teaser image and a couple of sentences about a recent post. Be sure to ask a question that people will answer to promote engagement.
- Research Niche relevant hashtags to add to your IG photos – hashtags are key to growth and getting your content in front of new eyes! Time Saving Tip >> send yourself an email with all the hashtags you think will help you and then copy and past them to a note to keep on your phone. Then all you have to do is copy and paste them on your next instagram post!
- Update your plugins – If you’re on wordpress, keeping your plugins updated is pretty important! Old and outdated plugins can be a security risk. And the last thing you want is to have your site hacked!
- Review and fix broken links on your blog – broken links can slow your site down and mess with your SEO. Get them fixed!
- Empty the spam comment folder – Spam is ANNOYING. Nobody likes spam… but its there and its not going away :S So take a few mimutes and empty that folder! Be sure to check for valid comments as you go! Sometimes legit comments will accidentally end up in the spam folder.
- Schedule shares of older, relevant content to your Facebook page. – Facebook can be a useful tool for sharing your content! In about 10 minutes you should be able to schedule 4 to 5 images with a link and a few teaser lines!
- Write for 10 minutes – NO EDITS just writing! – This is another way to push your way through creative blocks! Pick a subject, set a timer and write until the timer goes off! No editing, no stopping to read what you’ve written… just pour your heart out!
- Update/remove affiliate links – We all want to optimize our monetary revenue! So take that 10 minutes and update your affiliate links, remove old and outdated links and add in new ones where you can.
- Put together your newsletter – With the constant changes to social media platforms, your mailing list has never been so important! Take 10 minutes to set up a newsletter template you like or send out an update to your subscribers!
- Promote your email/newsletter list – Use this time to build your mailing list! Send out some tweets, add a new email capturing plugin or put together a “Freebie” to encourage new subscribers to sign up!
- Engage with new-to-you instagramers. – I love using instagrams “explore” option to find new ig-ers to follow and interact with! I’ve found some seriously cool handmade shops and super talented bloggers that I love to follow and now consider my friends!
And there you have it! MORE things you can do in 10 minutes to improve your blog! What is your favorite way to spend 10 minutes on your blog?