MMMmmmmm Turkey! Its one of my favorite meats to cook with, and its not just for Thanksgiving! 🙂 As a kid, my siblings and I always fought over who was going to get the turkey legs. This delicious Turkey with Curry and Coconut Sauce dish, reduces the need to squabble over the legs… you won’t care what part of the turkey you get because the flavors are DIVINE!
Turkey with Curry and Coconut Sauce Ingredients
2 Turkey legs
2 Turkey wings
2 C Chicken stock
1 Can Coconut milk
4 Tbsp. Curry seasoning
2 tsp Seasoning salt
1/2 Onion, diced
2 tsp Thyme, dried
1 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Ginger, finely minced
Pinch Hot pepper flakes (optional)
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 large Potatoes
1. Separate the drumettes from the flats of the wings at the joint (so you have two parts of the wings)
2. Season the turkey legs, drumettes and flats of the wings
3. Put them in a slow cooker and add ½ of the diced onion, 2 tbsp of curry and the chicken stock. Cook for 2 hours on high, and then turn to low and cook for another 8 hours.
4. When the meat is falling off the bone, strain the broth from the bones/meat. Let cool.
5. Separate the meat from the skin and bones. Shred the turkey with two forks and then set meat aside, and discard bones.
6. In a fry pan, melt butter and add the 2 Tbsp of curry, minced garlic, minced ginger and onions. Fry the seasoning for about 2 minutes, and then add the ½ the broth. Stir well to incorporate, and as the sauce thickens, add the remaining broth, coconut milk and chili flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly till sauce is thickened.
There is absolutely no way to go wrong with this delicious Turkey with Curry and Coconut Sauce! The curry flavors marry perfectly with the seasoned turkey meat for a mouthwatering dish that everyone will love!
Whether this is your first curry dish or your 1000th, you won’t be disappointed with this Turkey with Curry and Coconut Sauce recipe!