I wish I could tell you what it is about this time of year that has me all kinds of “nest-ish”, but I have been organizing, cleaning and baking like crazy the last few weeks! One of the best things to come out of this fall frenzy? These Pumpkin Spice Bars with Maple Bourbon Frosting!! They’re incredibly tasty and a pretty quick recipe to bake up! Not to mention that they’re sure to WOW any company that comes over!
My Mother-in-Law LOVED these and immediately asked for the recipe 😀 So I definitely know that these pass muster!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin spice chips
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp butter, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 C confectioners sugar
- Heat over to 350 degrees
- Grease a jelly-roll pan
- In large bowl beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder salt, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin spice chips.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the flat attachment, beat together the butter and cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and gradually add the sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and bourbon and beat until well combined.
- Add more confectioners sugar if you want a thicker frosting.
Allow the baked bars to cool completely and the add your frosting! Slice into squares and serve! Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers… not that there are going to be any leftovers 😉
If you’ve never tried maple and pumpkin flavors together, then you’re going to love this combination! This is probably my new go to for sweet fall flavors when the craving strikes!