Hello Busy Being Jennifer readers, Kristin from Orville Redenbacher’s back here again. I am excited to be writing for Jennifer today! Hope you enjoyed my Ooey Gooey Popcorn Balls and Princess Popcorn Balls. I’ve got another delicious popcorn recipe your family will love! You’ve got to try this Popcorn Ball Turtle Candy Recipe!!
From gift shopping for loved ones to planning a family winter vacation, this time of year isn’t a quiet time for anyone—especially with back-to-back holiday events and obligations. So, for potluck parties, sometimes I’m guilty of just picking a box of cookies from the store and calling it a day! This year, I’m planning to bring something homemade from my kitchen—and you can, too. Fun to eat and easy to make, this turtles candies recipe can be your go-to treat.
Popcorn Ball Turtle Candy Recipe:
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher’s® Gourmet® Butter Microwave Popcorn
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 63 pecan halves
- 1 pkg caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 pkg semisweet chocolate morsels
- Prepare microwave popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popcorn aside in a large bowl.
- Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange 21 groups of three pecan halves in cloverleaf pattern on coated baking sheets.
- Place caramels, butter, and milk in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until caramels melt. Pour over popcorn; gently toss with a spoon to coat evenly. Cool for 2 minutes.
- Wet hands with water. Shape popcorn into 1-inch balls; press onto center of each pecan cloverleaf.
- Place chocolate morsels in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until smooth when stirred. Drizzle over each popcorn mound. Chill 1 hour or overnight. Serve when cooled and enjoy!
This Popcorn Ball Turtle Candy Recipe is just that easy! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Check out Orville Redenbacher’s website for more recipe ideas for more popcorn recipes!