Hey Busy Being Jennifer reader! It’s Kristin from Orville Redenbacher’s . Thrilled to share a yummy recipe with you today in the spirit of 101 Handmade Days.

No matter the holiday or occasion, I believe handmade gifts are more appreciated and well-received than store-bought presents. Spending a little extra time crafting something together also shows my thought and consideration. This goes for homemade treats as well.

Instead of buying an almost-stale package of sugar cookies from the store, why not make something fresh and fun? If you have a young daughter, niece or cousin with a birthday coming up, I have the perfect sweet snack everyone will enjoy.  These Princess Popcorn Balls are not only delicious to eat, but fun to eat as well!

Princess Popcorn Balls

Princess Popcorn Balls - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Ingredients

• 1 cup Orville Redenbacher’s Original Gourmet Popping Corn
  • 3 tablespoons Orville Redenbacher’s Butter Flavor Popcorn Oil
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 4 cups marshmallows
  • 3 drops food colors of your choice
  • Candy sprinkles of your choice

Directions

Pour popcorn oil at the bottom of a large cold pan. Add popcorn kernels. Shake the pan back and forth to coat kernels in oil and to spread kernels evenly at the bottom of the pan.

Princess Popcorn Balls - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Bring pan to medium heat and rock back and forth occasionally. Once the first kernel pops, place cover on the pan; shake occasionally. Continue until all kernels are popped (popping sound will come to a stop). Remove pan from heat and let popcorn stand until cooled; remove unpopped kernels.

Princess Popcorn Balls - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Spray a large microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray. Add butter and marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave until marshmallows appear puffed, stirring after 45 seconds. Stir in food color of your choice. Note: separate marshmallow mixture into separate bowls if using more than one color.

Princess Popcorn Balls - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Add popped popcorn; stir gently until coated well. Let popcorn mixture stand until cool. Use hands to shape 1/4-cup mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Decorate with sprinkles.

Princess Popcorn Balls - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Get the party started with these oh-so-sweet Princess Popcorn Balls! Don’t hold back on the sprinkles. ☺ For healthy snack ideas and more popcorn recipes, check out Orville Redenbacher’s site!

24 Responses to 101 Handmade Days: Princess Popcorn Balls

1. These almost look too good to eat..almost!

2. Stacie says:

How cute are these??!! These would be great to make for so many different holidays/occasions. Kids and adults love popcorn, so yes, I will be making some! Stacie xo

3. Patti Tucker says:

OMGosh! So cute and is it weird I’d eat them for breakfast?

4. With two little girls at our house, we HAVE to make these. Such fun! It would be perfect for a sleepover.

5. Dayne says:

This is so so so CUTE! And looks delicious 😀

6. Maria says:

Oh wow these are adorable and look too good to eat!

7. These will be perfect for my nieces birthday party! It was just what I needed to finish the menu!

8. These are beautiful and look like so much fun to make! I pinned this!! 🙂

9. Jenny says:

Super cute, my girls would love them!

10. This would be perfect for an adult party too! I would love these!

11. Brittany says:

I love this recipe! I am going to try it for my daughters 2nd birthday!!!

12. Wow, these are simply gorgeous!

13. these are adorable!!! will definitely be making these for my girls bdays!! 🙂

14. shanalou18 says:

These are really pretty! i know my daughters would have a great time decorating them. And such a great idea to use popcorn instead of rice cereal!
    Cheers!
    Shana from Technotini.com

15. My girls would absolutely love these! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!

xoxo
    Lisa

16. I love how cute and colorful these are! So festive.

17. gakeman75 says:

Thank you for joining the Small victories Sunday linkup party. Please join again. Pinned to the group board.

18. gigglesnkisses says:

This is a great idea for a birthday party, sleep over, snow or rainy day and the list goes on. Thanks for sharing on Sunday’s Best. Please share again.

19. […] Princess Popcorn Balls  from Busy Being Jennifer    […]

20. mmgmom says:

These sounds absolutely yummy. Thanks for linking up on the #HomeMattersParty this week and I hope you will come back next week to link up again.

21. […] Cookie Monster Ice Cream | Dumbledore’s Pensieve Jello | Shaun Sheep Movie Marshmallows | Princess Popcorn Balls | Minion Sugar Cookies | Easy Homemade Dark Chocolate Pudding |  Different Frosting Types | Lemon […]