Get your cleaning on naturally and do your spring cleaning with essential oils!
Spring is HERE, and I’ve been working hard to get my spring cleaning finished in record time! This year I’m going to do more than just clean – I’m focused on getting organized and de-cluttering as much as possible! All while cleaning more naturally and healthily too.
Essential oils have a TON of benefits and even can give a room a really pretty, fresh scent. But beyond that, they’re great tools for deep cleaning. I’ve been experimenting a lot lately with what works best when it comes to natural cleaning, and I’m starting to get it down to a science, score! Here are my favorites:
- Lemon Essential Oil: not only does lemon oils make rooms like the kitchen and bathrooms smell SO fresh and inviting, but this oil has an acidic property that helps deep clean any surface. This is definitely my favorite oil to clean with because it has so many benefits and really, who wouldn’t love the fresh smell of it?! I’ve been mopping my floors with water and a few drops of lemon oil and it’s made a HUGE difference all around! You can also clean your windows using a few drops of the lemon oil, water and white vinegar. Simply spray this mixture onto the windows and wipe clean – you wouldn’t believe the before and after difference!
- Lavender Essential Oil: you can make a great all-purpose cleaner with this oil by mixing water and a few drops of lavender together. It’s a natural disinfectant and it’s also known to keep insects away which is a serious bonus. You can also try a cedar oil to repel insects!
- Peppermint Essential Oil: this is another great antibacterial oil to add to a soap/water blend when cleaning! I’ve been using this one on bathroom counter tops and any place that may carry lots of germs. I always feel that a room is so fresh and clean when using this oil.
- Lime Essential Oil: the scent of this oil is super refreshing and clean, so it’s great to use this oil to clean surfaces like tables and counter tops. It’s also great to remove stains – which has helped my dining table look like new again! I love to display fresh fruits this time of year on my table for guests to enjoy and because it makes for an awesome centerpiece; I use a drop or two of the lime oil on my fresh fruits to keep them from going bad and it’s made a huge difference – highly recommend trying that out!
- Wild Orange Essential Oil: this oil is the one I mainly use to clean my stove top! It’s an awesome grease fighter and you can say goodbye to built-up stains after using this magic oil! The scent is also great to diffuse to help energy levels – which I think we ALL need when it comes to spring cleaning. 😉
- Pine Essential Oil: the scent of the pine oil is very clean and crisp, and it’s great to deodorize any space! I diffuse some of this oil in the garage when I clean to help give it a fresh scent, and any other room that needs some freshening up too.
There are SO many amazing oils to help clean your home this spring. It’s so important to know what you’re using to clean, which is why if natural cleaning is by far the best way to go. I’ve been experimenting with my favorite oils to clean with for a while, so now I have a closet full of all-natural cleaning products that I made myself! It’s a great feeling knowing that there’s no toxins/harmful scents that I’m breathing in when I clean. If anything, doing your Spring Cleaning with Essential Oils is an easy way to do some healthy multitasking!
What is your favorite way to do your Spring Cleaning with Essential Oils?