Do you consider your self a Lemon Lover? I sure do! Lemon Poppy Seed Trifle, Lemon pie, lemon cookies, lemon bars, LEMON EVERYTHING! Especially in the spring! There is something refreshing and oh so spring like in the tart, but sweet flavors of a lemon dessert! Not to mention that the fresh, fun yellow of something lemony is sure to brighten up any dessert table!
This Lemon Poppy Seed Trifle is sweet, tart, crisp and refreshing all rolled into one heck of a delicious mouth-gasm! Maybe its because I think that all desserts are enhanced in trifle form, or just because its spring , or maybe even because I’m a bit of a lemon lovin’ nut, or a combination of all the above… either way, you won’t regret giving this Lemon Poppy Seed Trifle recipe a try!
Did I mention that this Lemon Poppy Seed Trifle is also ridiculously easy to make too? I mean seriously! Can a recipe get any better or easier than 3 ingredients?? I think not!
1 Lemon poppy seed loaf
1 pkg Lemon curd mix (e.g. Sherriff’s Lemon Meringue Pie filling) or ready-made
1 container Whipped Topping (thawed)
1. Break the loaf up into small, bite size pieces and place ½ of the pieces into the bottom of a bowl
2. Prepare the lemon curd mix according to the package directions and let cool.
3. In a bowl, combine the cooled lemon curd mix with HALF of the container of whipped topping.
3. Place half of the lemon mixture on top of the loaf pieces, spreading to cover most areas
4. Top the lemon mixture with the remaining loaf pieces
5. Place the remaining lemon mixture on top of the lemon loaf and spread around.
6. Complete the trifle by spreading the remaining half of the whipped topping on top of the lemon mixture.
7. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
I can’t wait to share some of this tasty Lemon Poppy Seed Trifle with my hubs when he gets home on the the weekend! That is if there is any left by then of course!! But he loves lemony goodness, so I’ll do my best to save him a little taste 🙂
Are you a lemon loving fool like I am? Whats your favorite type of lemon dessert?