Fall is getting closer and closer! The temperature is starting to drop (if only just a little bit here in Texas) But fall is in the air! Of course that means breaking out the cook books, scouring Pinterest and planning which of my favorite fall foods I want to make first! I remember playing outside for hours in the fall. Those crisp, clear days were so much fun. By the time we were ready to come inside, there would be a chill in the air, and Mom would always have something hot, comforting and delicious ready for us to chow down on. Now a days I don’t spend hours outside, but it’s still so very nice to have something hot and homemade on those crisp, cool evenings! So I’ve gathered 32 of my absolute favorite fall comfort food recipes to share with you today!
Some of these recipes sound absolutely perfect for a cool fall day. Hopefully my hubs can make it home one of these weekends and I can make him some chicken and dumplings or a nice creamy soup!
1. Crockpot Creamy Chicken Taco Chili from Coffee & Giggles
2. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Stock Piling Moms
3. Caramel Apple Spice in the Crock Pot from Practically Functional
4. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice from Pink When
5. Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes from Vintage Modern Wife
6. Taco Soup Crock Pot Recipe from Super Coupon Lady
7. Pumpkin Pie Stuffed French Toast from The Grant Life
8. Pumpkin Butter from Not Everything I Make is Pretty
9. Creamy Tomatillo Dressing from the Pinning Mama
10. The Easiest, Yummiest Soup from Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles
11. Acorn Candy from About a Mom
12. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread from Susie QT Pies Cafe
13. Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Second Chance to Dream
14. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from the Sweet Spot Blog
15. Cheesy Broccoli Rotini from Blue Apron
16. Tomato Basil Soup from Everyday Occasions
17. Chicken and Dumplings from Busy Being Jennifer
18. Pumpkin Tortellini from Pine Cones and Acorns
18 is a good number, but there are definitely more than 18 recipes for comfort food! And when it comes to fall and comfort food favorites, it’s simply not possible for there to be too many! So here are 14 more recipes that are definitely worth checking out!
Jambalya Risotto from Sweet CS Designs
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Low Carb-ology
Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie from Honest Cooking
Loaded Mashed Potato Bombs from Spend With Pennies
Mom’s Meatloaf Comfort Food from Views from the Ville
Vegetable Risotto from Life of a Turnip
Chicken Alfredo from My Catholic Kitchen
Beef Stew from the Cooking Rookie
Strawberry Rice Pudding from Plateful
Potato Corn Chowder from Damn Delicious
Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs from Stone Gable
Chicken Noodle Soup from Kitch Me
Corned Beef Hash from Simple Comfort Food
Creamy Vegetable Soup from Inspired Taste
What are your favorite fall foods? Favorite comfort foods?
Love Fall? Here’s 18 Fall Decor Ideas you’ll love too!