I’m completely and utterly in love with essential oils! I’ve completely changed the way I care for my home and for myself! And it all started with my skin! There are so many benefits to using essential oils for your skin. They’re naturally derived, so there are no concerns about trying to decipher an ingredients label full of synthetic compounds. If you’re looking to buy essential oils, peppermint and citrus should be two of your first purchases.
You’ll just have to remember to dilute your peppermint and citrus essential oils with a carrier oil such as almond, coconut, or jojoba before applying directly to the skin. I personally love the way almond oil feels on my skin. Essential oils have been cold pressed and are extremely condensed. You’ll want to distribute their effectiveness into a carrier oil so that they don’t irritate your skin, I personally use and love coconut oil for just about everything!
Here are 7 benefits of peppermint and citrus essential oils for your skin.
- Both citrus and peppermint are perfect for those hot summer days when your skin is starting to get itchy. As skin gets sweaty, it gives a chance for fungi such as candida to grow on it. While this is perfectly natural, your skin can become extremely itchy and red. Dabbing a bit of essential oil in these spots can help restore your skin’s natural balance.
- Citrus oil is perfect for healing up scars and wounds. Wait until your wound has healed over, and the scab has fallen off. Your citrus oil can speed up healing from there, and help to get rid of that bright red scar faster.
- Peppermint and citrus oils are both perfect for eliminating a dry patch of skin on your scalp. Dandruff can be a frustrating condition to have, and it often afflicts one spot on your scalp. Dab on some essential oil at bedtime. Be sure to wash your hair in the morning, as the oil will make it appear to be greasy, or do it on the weekend when looks don’t matter.
- Both eczema and psoriasis can make your skin itchy, red, inflamed and flaky. The healing benefits of peppermint and citrus essential oils will not only provide moisture to the afflicted regions of your skin, but will also help speed healing.
- Both essential oils can help control acne on the skin. They’ll decrease the bacteria that is responsible for acne, while helping skin to heal. They’ll also provide some moisture, which can be an issue for those with acne. Often people don’t want to moisturize acne-prone skin, yet it’s possible to have both dry and oily patches on the face, which makes skin care frustrating at times. Solve your problem with essential oils.
- Make a facial scrub with table salt or sugar, and peppermint oil or citrus essential oil. This will help exfoliate your skin, and make it appear brighter and healthier than ever before.
- Peppermint and citrus essential oils are both important components to your essential oil tool kit. You’ll find that you return again and again to these two trusted essential oils. They’re both versatile, and can be utilized in a variety of skin care recipes to help your skin to look its best.
Daily use of these essential oils for your skin can definitely my a difference in the appearance and feel of your skin! I know its made a huge difference for me!
Do you use essential oils for your skin? Which are your favorites?
*Please note, I’m not a licensed physician or herbalist, so always talk to your trusted healthcare professional before trying something new!* If you’d like to learn more about essential oils or have questions, send me an email! I’d love to chat with you!
Read These Posts for More Essential Oil goodness!
Reasons Why Essential Oils May Not Be Working for You
Everyday Uses for Essential Oils
9 Essential Oils to Help Manage Pain
Leave a Reply