I’m usually a bit of a hold out when it comes to trends… if you tell me I HAVE TO TRY something, I’ll dig in my heals and avoid it… just because. Yeah. I’m stubborn… and it annoys some people… oh well.
I managed to hold out for almost 2 years before I tried a PSL and now I’m totally addicted! The same thing happened with Chai Lattes! I remember the first time I tried a Chai Tea Latte… I was pleasantly surprised at just how tasty it was! There is something so soothing and fall-ish, I just had to make my own DIY chai latte mix for at home!
Now I just have to stay away from chai spices in ice cream or I am going to be learning how to make instant chai tea mix…or dirty chai black tea…or chocolate chai bites…I’m so far down the rabbit hole. LOL!
Now, the recipe seems like a lot of ingredients…but it’s actually a super easy recipe and that is so much more fun to use than tea bags…especially if you love chai.
So, give it a whirl. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
DIY Chai Latte Mix Ingredients:
- 1 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 cup Vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (you can use coconut sugar if desired)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (if replacing sugar with coconut sugar, add 1/3 cup molasses instead of brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Whip Cream (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in spices. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water. Or if you want it even creamier – a mug of hot milk!
- Top with whip cream and sprinkle a little bit of the DIY chai latte mix on top for an added pop of flavor!
This DIY Chai Latte mix recipe will make a little over 9 cups of chai deliciousness! Put some in a decorated mason jar and add a tag with the mixing directions – its a great mason jar gift for the holidays, or just because!
Have you ever tried making your own latte mix?
Caroline @ In Due Time says
Get in my belly! That whip cream looks SO good!
yummy! That looks so easy and great to have on hand.
Thanks for sharing at Turn It Up Tuesday
Filled With Love says
Looks yummy! Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesday Creative K Kids. I pinned your post at Pinterest board.