These blueberry and banana dog biscuits are tasty and full of healthy ingredients, and a hit with my pups! Read on for this easy recipe for your furbabies!
Every so often, I get an urge to do some baking. Typically its in the fall, when I’m craving comfort food and all the carbs… Other than that, I usually avoid baking at all costs. Mostly because its ridiculously hot in the summer, but also because I’m not a fan of the clean up. Silly yes, but hey! It is what it is.
Now, I love my pups and there isn’t much that I wouldn’t do for them! In fact I love them so much that I happily bake for them (and I won’t bake for just any reason) and these blueberry and banana dog biscuits are one of their favorite treats. So, because I love them, and also because they’re adorable, and more than just a little bit spoiled, I bake.
Now if you love your dogs enough to bake for them too, you’re going to definitely love this blueberry and banana dog biscuits recipe!
Blueberry and Banana Dog Biscuits:
Yields: approx. 12 small or 6 large
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup fresh blueberries – rinsed well
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
Blueberry and Banana Dog Biscuits Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mash the blueberries slightly and stir well until a ball of dough forms.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until it is soft and elastic.
4. Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out dog bone biscuits with a cookie cutter and place the biscuits on the lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the biscuits begin to turn brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
6. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
Bitly, Buffer, and especially Molly LOVE these homemade dog treats, and I can’t say that I blame them! What’s not to love about blueberry and banana goodness?
I bet your dogs are going to LOVE these blueberry and banana dog treats too!
Pin for later:
Need another version of a dog treat for your favorite pupper? Check out my Flourless Turkey and Sweet Potato dog treats!