If you’ve been hanging around my corner of the interwebs for a little bit, then you probably have picked up on the fact that I am turning 30 in August and am slightly freaked out about it. Last year on my birthday, I set a goal of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before the BIG 3-0. I’ve got 30 days left to do some of them, but most are crossed off the list! Lets review shall we? 🙂
1. Make more real life friends I’ve had lunch a few times with some fabulous local ladies
2. Switch to wordpress and get my own domain name. That happened in October And I am LOVING being on WordPress
3. Meet Kelley (from the Grant Life) in real life. We met and hung out at Bloggy Boot Camp
4. Visit my family. -> at this point its not going to happen. Unless they decide to surprise me for my birthday (highly unlikely!)
5. Go on a vacation with D. Did this in February! It was awesome
6. Puppy training with Riah So I don’t think this applies any more because she has permanently moved outside. :/
7. Renovate the bathroom Started this a couple weeks ago! It will probably take another couple months to finish.
8. Paint the whole house We got the living room done… don’t think that much more will be done.
9. Have a garden -> I grew some very happy tomatoes! Thats as good as my gardening skills get :/
10. Hit 1000 blog followers Happened just before my WordPress switch
11. Organize a bloggers retreat with “my Texas girls” -> This sort of happened at Blissdom… but I’m meeting up with a bunch of them at BBC Dallas in November 🙂
12. Reach my goal weight. -> Ha! Not going to be happening in the next 30 days. BUT I am making a new goal of losing 10 pounds between now and then!
13. Get a gym membership (when the budget allows for it) and use it I HAD one. And I loved it. Had to cancel it for a bit so we could save more money.
14. Make 3 quilts to donate or auction off for charity -> I have 2 done. One more to make and then I will donate them –> Started the third one! -> Done and done! 🙂
15. Relearn how to knit I wouldn’t say I relearned, but I did make myself a cowl
16. Crochet and afghan for me/to keep -> Started working on this recently… only a Half a million more granny squares to crochet! -> I need to do another 20+ granny squares! I’ll be working on this over the next couple weeks and hope to have it done by my birthday 🙂
17. Get a second car -> not likely in the next 6 months… maybe in 9-12 months though.
18. Go camping/fishing with d at least twice. -> One down, one more to go Done!
19. Get all my craft stuff organized –> Half done. Its been moved into the “craft/crap room”
20. Develop my photography business and start working regularly -> Its not exactly regularly, but I am working with a few businesses and have a referral for a wedding 🙂
21. Get a part time job -> Between this blog and my handmade shop, I don’t need a part time job any more! 😀
22. Make at least 2 dresses and 2 tops and wear them.
23. Volunteer somewhere for 2-3 hours a week -> I’ve been helping out at the church and at a local art store 🙂
24. Get the online shop up and running and profitable Launched Homespun Happiness in October and its going well
25. Go to a blogging conference! Did Bloggy Boot Camp in September and Blissdom in March.
26. Horseback riding lessons
27. Plan and go on a girls get away trip -> happening for my birthday!
28. Have my family down for a visit My Aunt came for a visit in April
29. Get d to do a photo shoot with me
30. Be happy Thanks to my amazing husband and my friends, this one is easy to cross off the list
Still some things to accomplish in the next 30 days… I better start convincing (aka nagging) Hubby about doing a photo shoot with me. Even if its jut a couple of pictures! I also need to do a bunch of sewing for me! I have the fabric, and an idea of what I want to make… just need to get on it!
I’m off to make this Monday a great one!