Yesteryear I shared a fun DIY Hoop Art and Free Pattern, and promised to share how to create the crocheted edged embroidery hoop to go with it! So I am back today with the the instructions!
What you need to complete this fun crocheted edged embroidery hoop:
Yarn – I am using Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink
4.25 mm Crochet Hook
Embroidery Hoop – Can be any size. I am using a 4 inch hoop in these pictures.
2. Double Crochet (DC) into the hoop. It sounds trickier than it is, but to accomplish this, put your hook into the hoop, hook the yarn through (back to front). You will now have two strands of yarn on your hook. Yarn over the hook and pull through both strands of yarn. You’ve completed your first DC!
3. DC all around the hoop until the whole thing is covered. Make sure to “smoosh the yarn” together to cover the hoop completely.
4. Once you’ve reached the end of the hoop, turn your hoop around, Chain (CH) 3 and then DC into every other DC in the row below.
5. Once you have DC all around the hoop, CH 3 and join the last DC to the first. CH3 with a slip stitch.
6. To create the scallops skip 1 stitch then DC 6 in same stitch. Then skip 1 stitch, slip stitch, skip 1 stitch and DC 6. Repeat around.
7. When you get to your last couple of scallops, you’ll want to double check the number of stitches left. You might need to “adjust” a little to finish off the scallops evenly. Your last scallop should finish in the 2 chain stitch going across the gap of the embroidery hoops. Use the Embroidery needle to hide the ends. And you’re done!
Add some hand stitched embroidery or a bow and you’ve for some fun and unique wall art!
Whats your favorite way to spruce up your walls?