In this house, nothing goes to waste! Not even old, falling apart books! With fall practically upon us and all things fall-colors coming out of the wood work, I’m getting all kinds of fall-crafty up in here! Starting with these pretty DIY Book Page Flowers!

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Seriously y’all! Making these DIY book page flowers can kind of be addicting! And they’re easier than you think, maybe a little time consuming… but easy!!!

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Here’s what you need to make your own diy book page flowers:

An Old Book – pull out the pages
Hot Glue & Glue Gun
Scissors
Floral Wire
Pen / Pencil
Ribbon or Lace

Optional – paint, brushes, water etc.

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Step One: Cut out your flower petals. I started by making a template for the largest flower petal, traced it and then cut it smaller. Repeat for 6 petals. the smallest should be about an inch in height and the largest should be about 3 inches. Cut out a WHOLE bunch of each size.

Step Two: Take one of the floral wired, bend in half and give it a couple twists to make the stem. Take one of the smallest petals, add a dot of hot glue on an corner, and place the folded end of the floral wire stem on the hot glue. Roll the first petal tightly around the stem and secure with hot glue.

Step Three: Pinch in the edge on each side of your next petal and secure with hot glue. Carefully roll the top edge of the Add a line of glue to the bottom of the petal and wrap it around the stem/first petal.

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Step Four: Β Repeat step three, increasing the petal size until you’re happy with how big the flower is.

Step Five: Finish off your flower with lace or ribbon at the bottom. I had a lace with a scalloped edge, so I cut “2 bump” sections and wrapped them around the base, with the scalloped side up.

Step Six: Paint your flowers… if you want. I mixed some gold and copper paints with an iridescent glitter paint and 1 part water. Β I painted a couple of the flowers in each color and left some plain. I’m quite happy with the mix! They feel very fall-ish πŸ™‚

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

DIY Book Page Flowers - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

I told you these were perfectly fall-ish! I’m definitely addicted to making these pretty diy book page flowers… I’m thinking these would be a great edition to a fall wreath too! I fell another round of craftiness coming on!!

39 Responses to 101 Handmade Days: DIY Book Page Flowers

1. So cute!!
    They would be perfect for a fall wreath!
    Oooh I could mix in some painted black or orange ones for a spooky addition to my Halloween decor.

I’m always looking for something to do with the girl guides as well, this kind of craft is right up our alley πŸ™‚

2. These are so lovely, and I know I have some old books laying around. I made paper flowers with scrapbook paper once, but I was not super thrilled with how they turned out, it was hard working with the sturdy paper. These look much better than what I did and I think the book pages would be much easier to work with!

3. julieiscocoandcocoa says:

Beautiful flowers! I do love the combination of some being painted and some not. Plus book crafts are always fun!

4. Brittany says:

These are totally gorgeous. Need to try making some!

5. So pretty! I especially love the ones that are tinted pink. These would be perfect for a Beauty and the Beast themed party. Books & roses! My mom would love this craft! Pinned!

6. Gale says:

Those are just beautiful! Really, really lovely!

7. I fell in love with your flowers the minute I saw them. Thanks so much for sharing at Bound by Books.

8. […] one… if you’ve made some book page roses lately. But if you haven’t, never fear! This book page rose tutorial will walk you through the steps and you can get 4 or 5 made in about an […]

9. I love these!! What a great idea easy too:)

10. LInda says:

These are so pretty! I love playing with paper too! Found you on Turn it Up Tuesday.
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

11. LikeableNut says:

Gorgeous! I really love how these turned out. Thank you for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday and hope to see you again this weekend. πŸ™‚

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

12. allthatsjas says:

They look amazing and so vintage! Thanks for joining the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

13. Jennifer these are very pretty, I’ll have to bribe my daughter into making some for me. Have a great weekend.

14. Oh my This looks so incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We love partying with you and we appreciate you stopping by! Please take a minute to stop by next week, so we can pin and tweet your new creation. The party starts on Monday at 7 pm! Have a great Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

15. Lisa says:

Thanks so much for linking these up last week at our Bewitchin’ Projects Block Party! I absolutely love them and chose you to be one of my 3 featured posts this week at http://www.recreateddesigns.com. Congrats and thanks again! I will definitely have to try these πŸ™‚ Hugs, Lisa

16. Jill says:

Hi there
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this on my Round Tuit post this week!
    A Round Tuit 277
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

17. vmorgan456 says:

What a great idea. They look so pretty too! thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty

18. Absolutely gorgeous…you did a beautiful job! Thanks so much for sharing at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    xoxo
    Lisa

19. ktlynn03 says:

These are absolutely beautiful and I need to try this for myself as soon as possible! They would look great with my book page wreath!
    Please stop by and share this awesome project with the rest of us at our Wake Up Wednesday link party! I know everyone will love them!

Kate | The Organized Dream

20. Wow! I love these! As huge booklovers, I see me and my daughter making these soon! Visiting as a guest host from Turn It Up Tuesday!

21. createwithjoy says:

These are stunning Jennifer – thanks for sharing them at Create With Joy! πŸ™‚

22. DIYcrush says:

Hey, stopping by from Diana Rambles! LOVE this project and would like to invite you to link up at my new party! Every Thursday at 7pm EST. Hope to see you there!

23. createwithjoy says:

Jennifer, I couldn’t get your lovely flowers out of my mind! Congrats – you’re one of our guests at this week’s Inspire Me Monday Party (196) at Create With Joy! πŸ™‚

24. Pretty! What a nice (and inexpensive) way to create some vintage-looking flowers. I really like the depth the paint gives to them.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty link party

25. I wish I had an ounce of your craftiness! These are so vintage chic, I love them!! Thanks for adding your link to the Best of the Blogosphere!

26. tea says:

The paper roses are very pretty.

27. I love these, they are beautiful, thanks for sharing them at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

28. […] These DIY yourself flowers out of old book pages are simply lovely. Β What a fantastic way to use an old, vintage books.DIY Book Page Flowers by busy being Jennifer […]

29. I would love to try and make these. They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week! Have a lovely week!

30. like Sara...but with a d says:

I love these so much! I have pinned and tweeted πŸ™‚ (stopping by from the terrific Tuesday link-up)

31. Virginia says:

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing should a great and easy to follow tutorial. Pinning.

32. Pretty paper flowers & nice DIY. Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party.Shared.

33. Jessica says:

These are so pretty! I had book page flowers at my wedding πŸ™‚ Brings back good memories.

34. What a creative idea! These paper flowers turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday. I hope we see you again tonight!

35. Margo says:

These are so pretty! I’d like to try them with some sheet music pages!

36. Char says:

These are lovely. As another commenter said they would be pretty in a wreath.

37. Kimberly Flickinger says:

These are very pretty and very creative!