I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

Its hard sometimes, living so far from home. Thousands of miles are between most of my family and myself, and there are times where its hard. REALLY hard. Birthdays and the celebrations that we used to share together are some or the hardest times to be away from them. Technology is great at helping deal with the distance, but there are still times where its not quite enough. I need something a little more personal… that’s where Hallmark’s Value Cards some in!

Staying Connected with a Hand Written Card from Hallmark  -- BusyBeingJennifer.com

I love stocking up on fun, quirky and meaningful cards so that I never run out! In the next few weeks I’ve got family birthdays, friends birthdays, party’s and anniversary’s! Summer is a busy time around here 🙂 So I popped over to Walmart to grab the #valuecards I’d need for the next few weeks…

Hallmark Value Cards at Walmart - What I included in a friends 4th of July Hostess Gift - BusyBeingJennifer.com #ValueCards #shop

I’m super excited about the 4th of July party coming up!

Hostess gift for the 4th of July Party - BusyBeingJennifer.com

My friend Shelli is hosting at her house this year. Plus her birthday is this week. So I put together a little gift for her 🙂 I wanted to get it to her a little early, so I dropped it off, knocked on the door and ran! 😀 Surprise gifts are so much fun!

I included a few fun things, along with some practical things like napkins and cups. Cause we all know that you can never have enough cups and napkins! Shelli LOVES zippies, so I made her a fun Red, White & Blue one and a No Sew Fabric Party Bunting. This girl has a *slight* obsession with peacocks so when I saw the Hallmark card, I knew it was the perfect hostess/birthday card 🙂

4th of July Hostess gift - BusyBeingJennifer.com #ValueCards #shop

Make sure you check out to sign up for Hallmark Rewards, and to see great content from other bloggers. Join in the #ValueCards conversation on Twitter!   #ValueCards#CollectiveBias

How do you stay connected with your loved ones?

19 Responses to Staying Connected with Hallmark Value Cards

1. massholemommy says:

Wow, I haven't bought a card in so many years I actually almost forgot about them LOL.

2. Julie says:

Fun! I love being able to find cards for a good deal. And that hostess/birthday gift rocks!

3. Jessica A says:

Love Hallmark & the selection of cards they have to offer! I didn't know about their rewards program, thanks for sharing Jennifer!

4. Pary Moppins says:

LOVE that bunting! I'm sure your friend was very surprised and appreciative of your thoughtful gift.

5. Kate K says:

I love Hallmark and the value cards are awesome.

6. Melissa D says:

I worked in a Hallmark store for six years–love the value line!

7. Kendra says:

I love getting cards in the mail 🙂 So much more exciting than bills.

8. I LOVE that burlap banner. SO super cute.

9. kendall says:

Holy cow! That bunting is so cute! And those cards are adorable!

10. Summer says:

Oh I bet your friend will love the gift you left her, how fun!

11. amber.m says:

I love getting cards in the mail! They just make me happy!

12. mrsthreeinthree says:

My family loves sending cards to each other, and Hallmark ones are always our fave!

13. Hallmark has some great cards!! Those you picked are adorable 🙂

14. You're right – surprise gifts ARE the best! Great choice on cards, too. I love the one with peacock feathers!

15. I love the value cards! I won't spend big money on something most people throw away. I love the surprise gift idea for your party hostess! So cute!

16. Awesome goodies! Love Hallmark Cards!

17. Morgan says:

Seriously, nothing beats a handwritten card now that everyone does things pretty much only online! What a great idea!

18. […] Tuesday when I was sharing about staying connected with family and the surprise girt I left on my friends front porch I shared this picture of the goodies inside… I’ve gotten a bunch of comments and […]

19. Paige says:

I love handwritten cards! Around xmas, I always stalk my mailbox! lol