Traveling this year to see family? Driving around to see the lights in your neighborhood? These are the best Christmas songs to put you in the Holiday spirit!
There is just something about hearing Christmas music that instantly puts me in the mood for hot chocolate, gift wrapping, and road trips to see family I haven’t see in a while!
Some of my best memories from the holiday season was the songs and games and (sometimes) snacks we’d have on the way to visit my grandparents. One set of grandparents lived a few hours away, so it was a bit of trip to get there. My mom usually had things planned to keep us engaged and entertained (long before the days of portable DVD players LOL). It kept us all in the Holiday spirit and entertained.
We all had our favorite requests and would some times bicker a bit about the best Christmas songs to play while we traveled.
There are just so many potential songs you COULD listen too while you drive along in your fancy new car (a girl can dream a little, right?), but these are the BEST in my opinion!
So make sure your car’s winter emergency kit is up to date, you’re dressed in the perfect winter road trip style, and crank up these tunes!
Here are 19 of the best Christmas songs to get you singing along.
- Do They Know It’s Christmastime?—Band Aid
- Santa Tell Me — Ariana Grande
- Santa Baby—Madonna
- A Holly Jolly Christmas — Burl Ives
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer—Elmo and Patsy
- Mistletoe — Justin Bieber
- Jingle Bell Rock—Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert
- Merry Christmas Baby—Hanson
- (There’s No Place Like) Home For The Holidays — Perry Como
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town — Jackson 5
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays—NSYNC
- Christmas, Baby Please Come Home—U2
- Silver Bells — Colbie Caillat
- Wonderful Christmastime—Paul McCartney
- Wrapped In Red — Kelly Clarkson
- Grown-Up Christmas List — Jordan Smith
- Christmas Wrapping—Spice Girls
- Merry Christmas Darling — Christina Perri
- Last Christmas—Wham!
I’m a classics kinda song girl but I LOVE singing along with Jingle Bell Rock and Santa Baby! Set up your road trips playlist in advance, pump up the holiday tunes and get to singing! You’ll arrive to your destination before you know it!
What is your favorite of the best Christmas songs to belt out on a road trip?
Leave a Reply