As much as I love Thanksgiving, the chance to be grateful and spend time with family, I am almost as equally excited about Thanksgiving for all the delicious food! Even with with the Holidays right around the corner, I couldn’t wait any longer to dig into some turkey, stuffing and cranberries! This stuffed turkey breast with cranberry glaze is perfect for any time of year!
½ Turkey breast, large, raw
1 box Prepared Stuffing mix (dry and boxed)
1 stalk Celery
½ Onion, chopped
2 slices Bacon, raw and chopped
½ C Cranberries, fresh
1 can Cranberry Sauce
1 dash Garlic Powder
1 dash Poultry seasoning
1 dash Salt and Pepper
1 dash Thyme
2 tsp Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. With a mallet or rolling pin, pound the turkey breast flat so that it’s even thickness all around. You will want to cover the breast with parchment or waxed paper to prevent tearing of the meat.
3. When even thickness, season the meat with the garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and thyme.
4. In a frying pan, sauté the bacon, onion and celery until tender. Continue to prepare the stuffing mix according to the box, adding the bacon mixture.
5. Line the top of the breast with stuffing, and fold the breast over to envelope the stuffing inside the breast. Secure with toothpicks or butchers twine. If using toothpicks, please be sure to count how many you’ve used so that when removing, you won’t leave any behind.
6. Line a baking pan with parchment for easy cleanup, and place remaining stuffing that did not get placed in the turkey breast. Lay the breast on top of the stuffing and season the outside of the breast again with the spices you used previously for the inside.
7. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, heat the cranberry sauce, berries and sugar together over medium heat.
9. Continue stirring until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce begins to bubble and the berries begin to soften. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
10. At the 15 – 20 minute mark, glaze the turkey breast with 1/2 the cranberry mixture. Place back in the oven and continue cooking for another 20 minutes approximately, or until the turkey breast is cooked thoroughly through.
11. Upon serving, offer the other ½ of the cranberry glaze for those who want extra on their turkey.
Are you drooling yet? You should be! This Stuffed Turkey Breast with Cranberry Glaze is absolutely mouth-watering! Your family will not be disappointed with this recipe!