Every now and then, I have ideas that are so darn brilliant, that I just have to pat myself on the back! This my friends, THIS is one of those moments! *Insert slow clap here* I decided that I need to combine 2 of my favorite flavors into one TASTY package! I have 3 words for you… Pumpkin Spice Caramel!
Tasty, Tasty, TASTY Pumpkin Spice Caramel goodness! Its the best of both worlds and good for drizzling over just about EVERYTHING!
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Ingredients
1 c Sugar
1 c Water
1 tsp Pumpkin spice
1 c Heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. Butter
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Directions
1. In a saucepan, pour the water in, and then follow with pouring in the sugar. No need to stir or dissolve.
2. Turn the heat on medium high and bring to a boil.
3. Continue to boil for quite a while. You are essentially boiling the water out of the sugar.
4. Watch the mixture as it boils as it will begin to turn color. It will become slightly yellow.. and then will go light amber. When it reaches the light amber, take the mixture off the heat and add the whipping cream.
5. Be VERY CAREFUL at this point because it will bubble up when you add the cream. Continue to stir and reduce the bubbling. Add the butter and pumpkin pie spice.
6. Continue stirring until everything is well incorporated and the caramel is smooth. Pour into a heat safe container and let cool completely.
Once your Pumpkin Spice Caramel is cooled, its time to enjoy the goodness! This stuff can go on, or in just about anything! I’ve added some to my coffee (and snacked on some pumpkin spice mini donuts!) drizzled over my morning oatmeal, topped some ice cream and even added some to a batch of rice krispies treats! I wasn’t kidding when I said that this heavenly caramel sauce can go on or in just about anything!
I think my next Pumpkin Spice Caramel experiment will include pumpkin pie and whip cream… oh its gonna be sooooo gooooooooooddddd!