Sometimes, when it comes to keeping things interesting in the kitchen, you mix two completely opposite foods together and create something AMAZING! These personal mexican pizzas are the perfect combination of italian and mexican foods. Its half taco and half pizza, but ALL kinds of delicious!
Here’s what you need to make your own personal mexican pizzas:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 small can sliced olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take 2 baking sheets and spray them with non-stick spray. Place tortillas on each baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, carefully flip tortillas over while they’re still in the oven and then bake another 5 minutes to crisp on the other side. Tortillas are ready when they are a slight golden color and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. Spread a thin layer of beans on one tortilla. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture. Place another tortilla on top of the meat. Spread 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the top tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and pepper-jack cheese. Add a few dices of tomato, green onion and olives.
- Repeat to make other pizzas
- Place pizzas on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy! ☺
These personal mexican pizzas are the perfect option for the nights that you can’t make up your mind and decide between italian and mexican!