Sometimes you just need to indulge and eat some yummy bar food. I don’t know about you, but I don’t always want to pay for it! Sometimes I want the yumminess without leaving home to get it! This recipe for loaded potato skins and greek yogurt dip has all the flavor and deliciousness of fancy bar food, without ever having to leave the house!
Loaded Potato Skins
Total Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Total: 40 minutes Servings: 8
8 Assorted Small Potatoes
3 Bacon Strips
½ Cup Wallaby Organic Greek Yogurt
1/3 8oz. Block Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/3 4oz. Stick Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter
Splash of Lemon
¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion
¼ Cup Chopped White Onion
1 Chopped Garlic Clove
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Cayenne Red Pepper Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Rinse potatoes and dry with paper towel. Cook in microwave for 12 minutes or until fully cooked. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. Cook 3 pieces bacon in microwave for 3 minutes (not too crispy).
4. Chop green onion, white onion and garlic clove into small pieces. Set aside.
5. Cut cooked potatoes in half. Scoop out centers of potatoes and place filling into small mixing bowl. Add chopped white onion and garlic, cayenne red pepper, butter, lemon, salt, and pepper to potato mixture and stir.
6. Scoop potato mixture from bowl back into potatoes. Top with white cheddar cheese and bacon pieces. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
7. Add Greek Yogurt Dip (see corresponding recipe below) topping to each potato and place green onions atop. Serve and ENJOY!!!
Greek Yogurt Dip
Total Prep: 5 minutes Servings: 8 Ingredients
6 oz. Organic Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. freeze dried chives
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Add extra olive oil to your desired dipping consistency.
2. Enjoy with Loaded Potato Skins or Baked Parmesan Crusted Zucchini!
All you need now is your favorite beverage, a few friends and some games to play (or watch) and you’ve got a perfect evening with out the hassle of heading to the bar or local restaurant!