I just joined the Literary Junkies online book club, and I’m so excited! Each month we all read the same book, have a twitter party, answer reading questions in a blog post, and connect in the facebook group!
I liked this book. There was enough action to keep it intriguing, some romance to keep it interesting and just the right amount of suspense. I did feel that some of the descriptions could have been, well, more descriptive. The setting was New Orleans and I think that there could have been a little more detail added into some of the scenes that would have really made it come alive in my imagination.
This months questions…
1) What are you currently reading? Tell us a bit about it! I just started the White Queen. I’m only about 4 chapters in, but I’m hooked! I was lucky enough to win my copy at a twitter party a little bit ago and I am definitely enjoying my free hard copy 🙂
2) What are your five most recent book purchases? Oh goodness… I often pick up books at the thrift store, but recently I purchased “Let the Dead Sleep”, 2 new cook books, the first 3 books in the “Thoroughbred” series (reliving my childhood) and a bunch of free ebooks from amazon 🙂
3) Have you ever named/nicknamed anything (person, pet or thing) after a character? Who and why? I had to think about this one, surprisingly I have not…
4) If you could live in one book, all of its characters and in the town, which would it be? I’d probably want to live in a Nancy Drew book… but I’d want to be Nancy, or at the very least one of her best friends. Oh the adventures we would go on!
5) Can you think of a book you read that taught you something concrete that you’ve never forgotten? Tell us about it. When I was 16, my Mom gave me “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers. I devoured it in a matter of hours. The theme of the book was forgiveness, forgiveness even when its the last thing you want to do. That is a lesson that has always stuck with me. 14 years later, I still have the copy my mom gave me and I read it at least once a year.
Tonight is the literary junkies twitter party! Feel free to join in using #LiteraryJunkies at 7pm cst if you’d like 🙂