Now that I’ve been making my own laundry soap, I wanted to try my hand at making some other all natural options, starting with the bathroom and this Homemade Mold and Mildew Cleaner!
It makes cleaning the shower SO much easier and I LOVE that its harmful checmical free and uses essential oils I already have in my home. In fact tea tree oil is one of the everyday essential oils we use most often around here!
We love tea tree oil because its an inexpensive and natural alternative to chemical-based disinfectant, as well as so many others things! This Homemade Mold and Mildew Cleaner has my shower sparkly clean, disinfected and smelling great in just a few minutes!
- 1 Glass Bottle
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 2 Tsp Tea Tree Oil
- ¼ Cup Baking Soda
- In a small bowl, pour 1 cup water.
- Add ¼ cup baking soda. Stir.
- Mix in 2 tsp tea tree oil.
- Stir well.
- Using a funnel, pour into a clean spray bottle. You will have some baking soda left in the bowl that settled. That’s ok!
- In your bowl, pour in your last 1 cup of water and mix the settled baking soda. Funnel into your bottle.
- Print out a free cleaning label and attach! (We use our sticker maker ALL the time! It has come in super handy!)
To use this Homemade Mold and Mildew Cleaner, spray it in your shower or on your shower curtain, let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe it down. The baking soda will help absorb moisture while tea tree oil is a natural anti-fungal agents. If you already have mold growing, replace the water with vinegar to help kill the mold fast for a natural solution!
There are, quite literally, hundreds of ways to use tea tree oil and this is one of my favorite practical methods! I’ve got more practical essential oil ideas like this in the works and hope to share them with you soon 🙂