This Harvest Muffins Recipe may contain affiliate or brand partner links.
Read our full disclosure here.
I waited as long as was possible, but this weekend I caved! I just HAD to have something pumpkin-y! And then my MIL handed me one heck of a zucchini…. and I remembered that I had some apples that needed to be used up. Put those fall harvest fruits and veggies together and you get one heck of a moist and delicious harvest muffins recipe!
While its not blatently obvious when you break into one of these scrumptious muffins, there is QUITE a lot of “harvest” happening here… you just can’t see it exactly. But the important part, the flavor, is on point!
Harvest Muffins Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 14 ounce can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpin pie filling)
- 2 1/2 cups of shreded or grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups of peeled and chopped apple
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
Harvest Muffins Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the pumpkin puree, grated zucchini, chopped apple, butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, salt and brown sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients.
- Carefully stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into greased or lined muffin tins, until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes
Yields approximately 36 muffins. Will stay fresh and delicious for 3 to 4 days. Good in the freezer for 3 months or so.
This Harvest Muffins Recipe yeilds enough delicious, moist and light (yet still hearty and muffin-ish) muffins to enjoy over the course of a few days AND add a dozen or so to the freezer to enjoy in the future! As the oldest of 6 kids, I learned at a young age the value of batch baking, especially going into the busy holiday season. Now I’ve got some tasty muffins that are perfect for busy days OR when the pumpkin craving hits!
This is one of my favorite recipes for this time of year! Do you have a go to fall-ish recipe for muffins? I want to do more baking to prep for the Holiday rush in the next few weeks and would LOVE to check out some other recipes!
I’ll be making a batch of my other fgo to fall muffin recipe, Pumpkin Walnut this coming weekend!