I know I am not alone when I say I am SO ready for fall and all the cozy perfectness that comes with it! This Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup Recipe is the perfect soup for the cooler days that are coming! Or you know, when you’ve got a rotisserie chicken that needs to get used up!
Now before you go getting all up in my business cause I’m “rushing fall”, I live in Texas. And Y’all! Its HOT HERE and my Northern blood can’t quite take it some days. My soul longs for the cooler temps, cozier clothes and comfort food!
Some days, despite the heat, I give into my comfort food cravings and whip up some soup! This Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup Recipe has quickly become a go to option when the mood strikes!
Bones & skin 1 rotisserie chicken, after separating any remaining meat left over
6 c cold water
15 oz stewed tomatoes
1 carrot, diced
½ c macaroni, or any pasta you prefer
¼ onion, minced
¼ c corn, frozen
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
as desired salt and pepper
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
1. Throw all the bones and skin into a heavy large pot
2. Add the water and bring to a boil for 30 minutes
3. Remove the bones and skin from the broth
4. Add the stewed tomatoes, carrot, onion, macaroni and corn
5. Simmer those ingredients for approximately 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the macaroni is cooked through
6. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Adjust for taste.
Serve immediately and garnish with ½ tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Doesn’t this Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup Recipe look DELISH? I could live off of this stuff for a week easily! In fact I might have lived off of it for a a couple of days a time or 2 😉 I have an affinity (aka addiction) to cozy soups!
Do you have a go to soup recipe for fall? Whats your favorite comfort food?