GLITTER ALL THE THINGS! Thats sort of my life’s motto, well that and “no coffee, no workie” – but thats another story for another day 😉 Today is all about 2 of my other favorite things! Glitter and wine! Put them together and you get these awesome DIY Polka Dot Glitter Wine Glasses!
What you need to make your own DIY Polka Dot Glitter Wine Glasses:
- Wine Glass
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paint Brush
- Round Stickers (I used garage sale stickers)
- Spray Lacquer (optional)
- Hairspray (optional)
- Begin by making sure your glass is nice and clean then place your round stickers randomly on the glass as shown in the photo. You can place them however you like.
- Next, take your foam brush and evenly cover your glass with mod podge. Remember, anywhere the mod podge touches, the glitter will stick so keep that in mind when you’re spreading it.
- Once you’ve got a nice coating of mod podge, hold your glass over a piece of paper to pour the glitter. This way, you will save glitter and save it from getting everywhere. Slowly dump your glitter wherever you placed the mod podge on the glass. If you notice there are some bare spots, add more mod podge and pour more glitter over it.
- Wait about 5 minutes for it to slightly dry (it will still be wet at this point) and peel off your stickers easily. I used tweezers. If you notice any glue where it’s not supposed to be, that’s ok.
- Once your glass is fully dry (this may take an hour or so) you can use fingernail polish remover to touch up the small amounts of glue that might have snuck under the stickers.
- Once you’re satisfied with your glass, you can use hairspray or spray lacquer to hold the glitter in place better. Spray lacquer works the best.
Isn’t this a fun project? These DIY Polka Dot Glitter Wine Glasses are perfect for summertime entertaining or girls night in! I want to make a “rainbow” set in every color of glitter I can find! Wouldn’t that be fun?!?!?
What are you waiting for? Join me in my quest to give the whole world a little glitter fun! 🙂