This Chia Bumbleberry Pastries Recipe is oh so delicious and perfect for a weekend breakfast or just because!
I have a weakness for pastries. A serious, might-need-an-intervention weakness! I would eat a whole batch of fresh pastries if I could! So if there is any way to make them even a little bit healthier, I’m all for it!
This Chia Bumbleberry Pastries Recipe does just that, without sacrificing taste or that sweet tooth satisfaction!
Flaky, sweet, and everything that makes a pastry divine, these Chia Bumbleberry Pastries are simply heavenly!
Have you ever thought about going to pastry school? Sometimes I think it would be fun! I checked out a pastry school the other day, and there is SO MUCH I could learn! I’ve added cooking/pastry school to my bucket list and hopefully one day I’ll be able to make that happen! I’d love to be able to develop my culinary skills!
Chia Bumbleberry Pastries Ingredients
2 c mixed berries, frozen, thawed (or fresh)
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. coconut sugar (regular sugar is just fine)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 box puff pastry
2 tbsp. demerara sugar (white sugar is fine as well)
2 – 3 tbsp. vanilla frosting, premade
Chia Bumbleberry Pastries Directions
1. In a pot, combine the fruit, the coconut sugar, chia seeds and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then turn to a simmer and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes until everything is combined and the fruit has broken down slightly. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. When the fruit is completely cool and thickened, roll out the puff pastry to make 4 pastries with each bundle of dough, or 8 if you purchased a full sheet. Each square of pastry should measure approximately 4 x 4 inches. Preheat the oven to 450 at this point.
3. Put a dollop of fruit in the center of each pastry. (Approximately 2 tbsp.)
4. Bring up the corners of the pastry to the center, and pinch the bottom corners where the sides meet. Pinch all four corners.
5. When all pastries are formed, combine an egg and a splash of water. Wisk well.
6. Brush this egg wash all over the outsides of the pastry. Sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
7. Place in the oven. Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let completely.
9. When serving, heat the vanilla frosting in the microwave for 15 seconds. With a spoon, lightly drizzle the frosting over the tops of the pastries.
10 Serve and Enjoy!
These Chia Bumbleberry Pastries are the perfect weekend breakfast, mid morning snack, or treat to serve with coffee! And with all the goodness of chia seeds, you get a healthy little pick-me-up with your sweet tooth satisfying pastry treat!
Don’t these Chia Bumbleberry Pastries look decadent? They’re just the thing to nibble on while reading a good book and sipping a cup of coffee! In fact that is EXACTLY what I’ll be doing this weekend!