Over the last year or so I have been working really hard to develop better eating habits. Making healthier choices and going 99% gluten free (occasionally I mess up thus the 1% margin of error 😉 ) The one area I struggle with the most, is snacking. Mindless snacking is my weakness! I’ve been taking some time on the weekends to make healthy options that help make healthy snacking much easier! And these Baked Lemon Pepper Zucchini Chips are the perfect solution!
These Baked Lemon Pepper Zucchini Chips are tasty, easy and super delicious! They’re a great low carb, gluten free and with one substitution, they can be paleo approved too!
Baked Lemon Pepper Zucchini Chips Ingredients
1 zucchini, large
3 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
½ c vegetable oil
Baked Lemon Pepper Zucchini Chips Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the zucchini into medallions approximately 1/8” thick
3. Brush both sides lightly with vegetable oil
4. Sprinkle lightly with the seasoning. Note: Careful not to over season any chips. As they shrink and crisp up, the seasoning becomes more intense so the lesson here is “less is more”.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 2 – 2.5 hours, turning over half way through baking. Watch the chips at the 2 hour mark and do not allow them to over dry or go too dark.
6. Let them cool
7. Store in an airtight container and eat within 2 – 3 days.
These Zucchini Chips have easily become a favorite for me! And while they’re not the quickest-to-make healthy snack recipe I’ve ever made or shared, they are definitely one of the easiest and tastiest! Not to mention that these are the perfect base for just about any kind of meat or cheese or dip!
Are you excited yet? Cause I am… obviously! I’ve already almost flown through the first batch of these tasty Baked Lemon Pepper Zucchini Chips and I’ll be making some more this week!
Check out some of my other Healthy Recipes!