Hello! My name is Miranda and I’m a blogger from Our Nesting Place Blog. I’m so excited to be able to share one of my favorite things with you today! These little guys make wonderful gifts for friends or cute decorations for your home. They take about 5 minutes to put together from start to finish, so they’re something you can put together anytime and without a lot of hot, sweaty effort. Let me introduce to you my mini mason jar succulent starters!

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Like I said, these little things are so quick and easy to put together. You only need a few supplies!

Here is a list of what you’ll need :

1. Potting soil / dirt
2. Mason jars (any size you want! – mini’s are so cute and fun for gifts!)
3. A spoon / little scoop
4. Succulents

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Step 1 : fill your mason jar about 3/4 full and create a little hole in the middle to place your succulent

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Step 2 : remove your succulent from it’s little pot, break up the dirt / roots a little bit, then place in that hole you just created

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Step 3 : take some additional dirt and place it around the succulent to make sure it’s secure and the roots are fully covered

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Again, fill your mason jar up with dirt, create a hole in the center for the succulent, remove the succulent from it’s little pot, and place inside the mason jar.

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

place additional dirt around the succulent, and you’re done!

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

I love taking different sized mason jars and creating a little “succulent scape” in my kitchen windowsill

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

You can wrap these succulent starters in ribbon, fill the bottom with decorative rocks or pebbles, place little markers inside with a happy message, the possibilities are pretty much endless! These are such easy gifts that will last a long time and are GREAT for those who don’t have green thumbs. 😉

Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101HandmadeDays

Jennifer thank you so much for letting me hi-jack your blog today! I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to share something I love with a new audience!

I’d love to connect with you! You can find me here…

Facebook  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Blog

17 Responses to 101 Handmade Days: Mini Mason Jar Succulent Starters

1. Alicia says:

These are adorable!

2. bethwade1 says:

Thanks! This is perfectly timed, as I’m transplanting some succulents on Monday!

3. Krista says:

These are so cute! I love that you used Mason Jars!

4. I am IN LOVE with these! I have so many mason jars laying around my house!

5. This is so helpful. Thank you! I love anything in a mason jar. 🙂

6. So, none of the graphics are showing up in this post =(

Would you check them so I can pin the post?

• Jennifer says:

My site crashed a week or so ago and I had to switch hosts… Now I’m trying to figure out how to load all my photos :s Hopefully I’ll have it resolved shortly!

7. Ann says:

Very cute! I love succulents! Next time I get some I’ll have to try this since we have some mason jars in storage. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

8. Denise says:

How CUTE are these? They would be perfect for my house because I have zero luck with indoor plants (for some reason, I’m great with outdoor plants!) Thank you! -From Create With Joy

9. Hi. I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this great project at #merrymonday this week. I hope you will check it out when you have a chance. Thanks for linking up and hope you will link up with us again! https://ourcraftymom.com/12-easy-ways-to-decorate-with-succulents/

10. So cute, I always have mason jars handy. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

11. Denise says:

Anything in a mason jar is absolutely adorable. Love these. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Waste not Wednesday link party. Can’t wait to see what you are up to this week.

12. Amber says:

Simply adorable! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things. Pinning!

13. Kim says:

Love these adorable succulent pots! I’m so ready to get my hands in the dirt this year! Thanks for sharing your post on the Encouraging Hearts and Home blog hop! I featured your post this week at daytodayadventures.com which means I gave it some extra love on social media! Make sure you come link up today! Have a great week!

14. Leanna says:

These look really wonderful together. I love the picture with the green background, it looks so Spring very pretty. Pinning.

15. Very cute–I love succulents and Mason jars! Pinned and tweeted.