I’ve always had resolutions. I don’t always accomplish them, but they’re always there! I’ve never picked a word to represent a new year before, but this year, it kind of just came to me… and its exactly what I need for 2014!
Since I’ve started blogging, my New Years Resolutions post is one of my favorite to write. It puts the things I want to accomplish out there and makes me accountable to work on them! This year there is 3 areas that I really want to focus on, and then in each of those areas, I have some resolution type goals.
First and foremost, I need to focus on my health. 2013 was full of flare ups, flu and cold bugs, and days where I was too exhausted to move. I don’t want to repeat that in 2014! When it comes to all I want to accomplish, my health is pretty key! So focusing on getting my body on a good routine and into much better eating habits is at the very top of the things I need to work on this year. Specifically…
– Moving to a more Paleo styled diet. When I eat like this, my body seems to like me a whole lot more! It’s just a matter of planning, staying on track and making the BEST food choice instead of the easy one!
– Continue to lose weight. I’ve lost, and kept off 20 pounds since October. I would really like to lose at least another 50 pounds (if not more) this year. Making better food choices will be a big part of that as will being more active. There is a gym just a couple of blocks away with a much less expensive membership fee than the one I was going to last year. As soon as Husband is back to work I’ll be getting a membership there and I can’t wait!!
– Getting back to a routine that works. Since my Husband has been home the past 6 weeks, any routine that I did have is totally gone. I need to get back to that “Happy Place”! I sleep better, make better food choices, and accomplish a lot more when I am in a regular routine.
I’m sure there are a million different things I could put under this resolution, but I’m thinking specifically about my shop and blog.
– Stick to the inventory schedule I’ve created (that way I won’t be swamped when its time for the fall/Holiday markets!)
– Have at least 100 sales through the online shop.
– Be able to donate at least $300 to Reaching Out Romania (read more about that HERE)
– Work on creating Holiday/Season specific items with target launch dates.
– Get organized!! This means using my Blog Planner (I have an awesome one from my friend Jac and you can purchase the printable pdfs here), sticking with what I’ve planned in my editorial calendar and writing posts in advance.
– I’ve set some milestone goals for this year and I’m super excited about blowing them out of the water 😀
– Bring in 1-3 more contributors on topics like kids crafts, DIY Projects and Meal Planning/Budgeting (Interested? Send me an email!)
When I was thinking about the things I want to do and accomplish this year, one thing that kept coming up was making new memories. It’s not that I didn’t make memories in 2013, but I wasn’t very purposeful about it. I spent a LOT of time alone once Hubby took the over the road job and it seems like a good portion of my year just blurred together. When Hubby was home we didn’t do much. I want to change that this year! I want to go camping, and take long drives on starry nights. I want to hang out with my besties and have sleep overs. I want to FINALLY make it home to visit with family. I want to go on a REAL vacation with my handsome husband… even if it’s just for a weekend. I want to go to at least 2 blogging conferences. I want to go on another quilting retreat. I want to cram as much fun and life and amazing experiences as I can into this year!
When 2014 is over, and I’m looking back on all that I did, said, made, accomplished and experienced, I want to say “WOW! What an Epic Year!”
What is your Word or #1 Resolution for 2014?