California Road Trip
Is this the year you take a road trip to California? It’s been on my radar for years and I’m excited to be planning one. If you have never been to California, you may not know what to expect, right? California is big, bold, and beautiful. Face it, there is a lot to see! Here are some tips to keep in mind as you plan your California Road Trip.
- Know where you’re going – Like I said, California is huge. Just saying that you are going to California doesn’t mean much when the state is as big as it is. When going on a California road trip, you really need to narrow down WHERE you will be heading. Maybe you will head to San Francisco Bay or the High Sierra area? The cool thing is that you get to choose!
- Don’t forget California has deserts – As you head out on your California road trip, keep one thing in mind. California isn’t just beaches, there are deserts. This is where you can do tons of activities you can’t do at the beach side. You know, things like rock climbing and even dirt biking. Heading to a place like Joshua Tree National park will let you see the desert side of California you have never seen before.
- Before you leave – Whether you are on your way or leaving California, it is so important to get your car checked out before you leave or even when you are returning. Vehicles do a lot for us, the least we can do is give them a little TLC. Since California is so big and a far distance for most, you’ll want to keep this in mind when taking a road trip.
- Get ready for an adventure – People are drawn to California for road trips because the state itself screams ADVENTURE. With miles and miles of beaches, it is hard to avoid such a beautiful place. If I were to tell you one thing when it comes to prepping for a California road trip, it would be to get ready for an adventure. Some adventures you can plan and others you will need to be spontaneous with.
- Know how many days you will be traveling –California is HUGE, so you will need to map things out accordingly. How many days do you want to stay in a place like San Francisco? Plan it out! You’ll want to leave room for things like hiking, biking, swimming, sightseeing, and eating delicious foods.
Have you ever planned a California road trip? Tell me your best tips!