There are some recipes that are a MUST for me at Christmas time. These no bake White Chocolate Peppermint Haystacks are one of those “cookies” that I HAVE TO HAVE for the holidays! This year, I’m sharing the recipe so you can enjoy them too!
I remember making these White Chocolate Peppermint Haystacks with my Nana. Christmas baking with her and my Mom and siblings, was easily one of my favorite activities during the holiday season. Carrying on family traditions, even if its holiday baking by myself (or with my sister via Skype), has made being far away from home at Christmas time a little less lonesome.
1 pkg White chocolate chips, 7oz
3 bales Shredded Wheat, natural (no sugar added)
2 Candy canes (or 4 peppermint candies)
1. In a bowl, crumble the shredded wheat into fine bits.
2. Measure 4 oz. of chocolate chips into a bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals (approx. a minute, or a minute and half) until chocolate is smooth and pliable.
3. Immediately pour into the bowl with the wheat and stir until well combined. Drop by the rounded teaspoonful onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Place into the fridge to cool completely
5. When cool, take remaining 3 oz. of chocolate and melt the same way as previously in the microwave. With a small spoon, drop dollops of chocolate on the tops of the cookies to simulate snow and let it drip.
6. Crush the peppermint candies and sprinkle on top of the cookies and refrigerate until cool and set.
Now all that is left to do is to Enjoy! These White Chocolate Peppermint Haystacks are a crowd pleaser too! And if you’re short on time, they’re a handy recipe to have on hand for a quick no bake treat!
Check out these other tasty holiday treats!