These quilted vintage sheet pillows are a great stash busting project for anyone that LOVES vintage sheets like I do! And they sew up quick and easy for the perfect done-in-an-afternoon project!
Believe me when I say these are a quick sew! And once they’re done, they’re perfect for snuggling up on a lazy afternoon with a good drink and an even better book! Grab your favorite vintage sheet quilt and you may never mood again! Or at least until you’re done reading your book 🙂
Want to make your own Quilted Vintage Sheet Pillows? Here’s what you need!
9 – 8.5 inch squares in various vintage sheet fabrics
1 – 25+ inch square vintage sheet piece
2 – 25+ inch square pieces of batting or flannel
Free Motion Quilting Foot for Sewing Machine
- Start by cutting your vintage sheet into 8.5 squares. You’ll need 9 in various patterns.
- Patch work them together into a “9 square”.
- Layer your patch worked piece on top of one of the batting pieces. Pin in place for security.
- Go to town with your free motion quilting! Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the larger vintage sheet piece (the back of your pillow).
- Trim and square up your quilted patchwork piece.
- With the “wrong side” facing in, layer your patchwork piece on top of large square and pin in place.
- Sew a 1/4 inch seam around the edge of your layered pieces, leaving a 3 to 4 inch gap at the bottom for turning and stuffing your pillow.
- Turn your pillow. Stuff full of polyfil until you reach your desired firmness.
- Stitch the gap closed (like this tutorial for an almost invisible closure!)
These Quilted Vintage Sheet Pillows are a great beginner project, scrap busting project or just because you LOVE pillows project! No matter what your reason, these pillows will be a fun and comfortable addition to your couch, bed or reading nook!
Looking for more Vintage Sheet Inspiration? I’ve got you covered!!