Being a self employed Do-er of ALL thing things, keeping healthy snacks on hand and ready to munch on has be come pretty essential to daily survival. Yes, SURVIVAL! I tend to get so wrapped up in my work that I forget to eat. Or I just plain don’t have time to stop. So on the weekends, I like to get a little bit ahead and make up a batch of these YUMMY Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites!!

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites -

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites Ingredients

1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
2 tsp. water
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I buy organic)
1/2 cup cashews

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites -

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites Instructions

1. In your food processor, pulse 1/2 of the cashews until medium ground and set aside.
  2. Next, add peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, chocolate chips and the remaining 1/2 of the cashews. Pulse together until well blended.
  3. In a medium bowl, add oats and mixture from food processor until ready to form into balls.
  4. Add water as needed.
  5. Form into balls keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat.

Yields about 12 bite sized Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites.

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites -

Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites -

These also freeze well! So if you’re in the mood to double or triple the recipe and stick some in the freezer, go for it! When I freeze them I use a freezer friendly plastic container and separate the “layers” with a piece of wax paper. And when you’re ready eat them, just let them defrost for 30 minutes or so and you’re good to go!

These Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites are the perfect amount of nutty to chocolate to crunchy with a touch of sweet and salty! They’re a definite crowd-pleaser and have yet to fail to give me the energy I need to bust through a project or to make it to dinner when I’m starving! 🙂

14 Responses to Nutty Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites

1. Patti Tucker says:

Love the ingredients and I bet they are delish!

2. katcurling says:

These look so yummy!

3. This looks so tasty and simple to make too! Perfect in between meal snack!

4. I LOVE no bake treats in the summer!! PERFECT! These look delicious 🙂

5. Bake Babble says:

These look so easy and delicious! Perfect for a pre-workout snack 🙂

6. helenfern says:

I need these in the late afternoon at work!! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner linky – and don’t forget to leave a comment – if your post is featured, it also gets pinned and tweeted! (If you commented)

7. whippedgreengirl says:

YUM! I love energy balls- great share on Wed. Blog Hop 🙂 Pinning this now!

8. samantha says:

My husband would love these for a long run! Thanks for joining the Family Joy Link Party!

9. I could definitely use these right now to carry me over these last few hours before bed time. Thanks for sharing on Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays

10. These sound delicious and simple- going to give them a go this weekend! Love your page 🙂

11. Leslie says:

These look good. I like having them around the house when I need a little lift, which is usually around 730 after dinner. I’ve pinned these to try. Thanks for sharing!

12. These are so yummy-looking! Can’t wait to make them! Twochicksandamom picked your recipe to Feature this week at Wonderful Wednesday :).

13. How much protein powder?