When I started this 101 Handmade Days journey, I had a couple of projects that I KNEW I just HAD to do. Some of those projects were inspired by things some of my blog friends had created ­čÖé Kimberly from A Night Owl Blog made the prettiest mercury glass mason jars a while ago and I just had to make my own version! I snagged some old vases from the thrift store and used them to create my DIY Mercury vase!

DIY Mercury Vase - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

Kimberly has all the instructions over on her post, so I’m not going to attempt to reinvent the wheel… I’m just going to let you admire the prettiness! ­čÖé

DIY Mercury Vase - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

I will tell you that if you’re working with glass containers that have narrow-ish openings, you should probably wear some protective gloves. My hands got covered in silver paint! Also, make sure you wait at least 1 whole minute between coats of the mirror spray paint. I got a bit rushed in this process and some of the paint on my first vase is a bit bubbly. Opps!

DIY Mercury Vase - BusyBeingJennifer.com #101handmadedays

All in all, I am in LOVE with my new DIY Mercury Vase… so much so that I made 3 of them! And then promptly ran out to get flowers to put in them! They definitely brighten up this little corner of my home.

15 Responses to 101 Handmade Days: DIY Mercury Vase

1. nicolenemeth says:

Aw these are so pretty!

2. Because... I'm cheap says:

These are so pretty! I love mercury glass but the pieces I see are always so expensive… I think it’s time to hit up a thrift store and do some DIY!

3. They turned out so pretty! I love mercury glass and DIY’s so this combines two of my favorite things!

4. Julie says:

These are so pretty! And I have several mason jars that could use an update.

5. momwithf says:

They are beautiful! And flowers are amazing too! I love them.

6. Cameron says:

These are GORGEOUS! What a fun way to give something old a fresh look. I wonder if this could be done on an old window? I’m going to check it out. Thanks so much for posting!

Cameron Proffitt

7. Kristi Case says:

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

8. Those are gorgeous! I will definitely have to attempt one for our bedroom!

9. Margaret says:

These are so cute! I have some vases that could use a face-lift.

10. Wow those are amazing, Jennifer!

11. angelinepeterman says:

These are so pretty! I can definitely see why you’d have to wear protective gloves though ­čÖé Thanks for sharing!

12. They look lovely, great job! I love mercury glassware. Thank you for sharing with OMHG Wordless Wednesday linky, have a great weekend!! co-host Evija from @Fromevijawithlove xx

13. […] finally, aren’t these┬áDIY Mercury Glass Vases from Busy Being Jennifer┬ásimply […]

14. Linda says:

Featured your vase on my Facebook page today!! Best wishes, Linda @Crafts a la mode

15. Thanks for sharing your pretty Mercury Glass Vases. Shared. Hope to see you again at this week’s Inspiration Spotlight party.