I’m so excited that Valentine’s day is almost here! I’m celebrating with these tasty Valentine’s Candied Rice Krispie Squares!!
I’m also super excited because for the first time EVER, my husband will be home ON Valentines! Woot Woot! Its only taken 5 Valentine’s to actually get to spend time together on the actual day! So I am making fancy dinner plans, and testing recipes and sampling along the way. These Valentine’s Candied Rice Krispie Squares are at the top of the treats list!
Valentine’s Candied Rice Krispie Squares
5 c Rice Cereal
1 bag Mini marshmallows (or regular sized will do as well)
1/3 c Butter
½ c Cinnamon Candy Hearts
2 – 3 tbsp. Candy sprinkles
1 c Powdered sugar
2 – 3 drops Red food coloring
½ + tbsp.. Milk
1. In a large soup pot, melt the butter.
2. When melted, add the marshmallows. Stir until they are melted and well incorporated with the butter.
3. Add the rice cereal and candy. Stir quickly and thoroughly.
4. Empty the contents into a 9 x 13 pan that’s been greased. Wet hands quickly and press the contents into the corners of the pan and continue to press until it’s even.
5. Let cool.
6. In a bowl, mix together the powdered sugar with ½ tsp of milk. Continue to add the milk in ½ tbsp. increments until you reach the consistency that you would like for drizzling on top of the squares. The icing will set up slightly as it sits.
**Note: You can cut the squares first and then drizzle the icing, or you can drizzle the icing over the top of the squares before you cut them.
Don’t these look amazing? The kids would go nuts for some Valentine’s Candied Rice Krispie Squares after school or for a class treat! I know that my hubby will enjoy these in his lunches over the next few days!
Whats your favorite valentine’s treat to share?
Need more Valentine’s treat inspiration? Try these!