Hand Lettering… If you haven’t caught on to this craze, then you must be living under a rock! If you’ve wanted to try mastering this art for yourself, these hand lettering musts for the beginner will help!
These Hand Lettering Musts include affiliate links. Shopping through them, at no cost to you, helps keep this blog running and coffee in my mug 😀
I try to learn a new skill every year, for 2017, I decided I wanted to learn actual hand lettering and calligraphy techniques… instead of just winging it like I have been. Now its the middle of June, and I haven’t quite gotten around to learning or practicing… cause you know… life!
So with summer here, I’m trying to get my act together! I’ve got a touch more time during the summer months, so I’ve made a few purchases, and I am ready to get to work! These Hand Lettering MUSTS for the Beginner are all things that I want, or have already purchased to get me going on this lettering journey!
Practice Sheets and Books:
- 52 Alphabets To Practice
- Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad
- Adventures in Lettering
- Lowercase Alphabet Practice Guides for Beginners
- Hand Lettering Practice Sheet
- Printable Practice Sheets for Beginners
- I Can Learn HAND LETTERING Worksheets for Beginners
- Hand Lettering 101
- The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide
- No Fuss Brush Calligraphy Starter Kit
- DIY Brush Lettering Starter Set
- No Fuss Original Calligraphy Kit
- Calligraphy Starter Kit
- Hand Lettering & Brush Calligraphy Starter Kit
Pens and Brushes:
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
- 3-Piece Calligraphy Nib Set
- Watercolor Painting Calligraphy Lettering
- Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Marker
- Brush Pens Set
Bloggers and Instructors to follow:
Far and away, my favorite lettering blog and blogger is By Dawn Nicole! She’s got fabulous tips, regular challenges and lots of awesome freebies! I recommend that you sign up for her newsletter so you don’t miss anything!
One Artsy Mama is a creative/crafty blog I’ve followed for years! She started hand lettering a while ago and shares inspiration and practice ideas!
I recently stumbled upon Hand-Lettering For Beginners, a site that is exactly that! Tips, supply lists, ideas and tutorials specially designed with beginners in mind!
The Pigeon Letters is packed full of gorgeous lettering inspiration! This site will leave you wanting more!
If you’ve wanted to try learning or mastering this skill for yourself, these hand lettering musts for the beginner will definitely help you!!
Have you tried hand lettering or calligraphy? I’d love to hear about your favorite resources, products and must haves!