A quick, easy and delicious hot breakfast has never been easier! You’ve got to try this Slow Cooker Oats on the Go recipe!

I’ve been talking about breakfast a lot lately. Overnight oats have become my go-to, but sometimes I want something hot for my first meal of the day. Oatmeal was a favorite when I was a kid, but I don’t have time to make a whole pot and cook them and then do the clean up… Does anyone really have that kind of time?

Slow Cooker Oats on the Go for the win!! Using the slow cooker ( and a liner to cut down on cleaning time ) takes pretty much all the work out of making hot and delicious oats for breakfast. Plus being able to reach into the freezer, and have a hot and tasty breakfast ready in just a few minutes is a HUGE win for my crazy, busy self!

Slow Cooker Oats on the Go Ingredients

1 c                                          steel cut oats
4 c                                          milk
1 tsp                                      vanilla

toppings:
strawberries
granola
bananas

Slow Cooker Oats on the Go Directions

In a lined slow cooker bowl, mix the  steel cut oats and the milk. Add the vanilla.
Cook on low for 6 -7 hours or until the oats have soft but slightly chewy texture.
Grease a cupcake tin generously (may have to use two)
Spoon the oats into the well portions of the tin until they are about half way full
Top each portion with your chosen toppings until they come to the top
Freeze until hard.
Remove from the freezer and let them sit about 2 minutes.
Using a butter knife or the handle of a spoon, wedge the oat cakes out of the wells.
Put in freezer bags in portions that you prefer and freeze.
When you want to eat them, remove them from the freezer, put in a bowl, and microwave for about 1 – 2 minutes. Garnish with milk or cream and some honey or syrup.

These little frozen oatmeal nuggets have quickly become a favorite around here! I love how easy it is to prepare these, and the variety of topping options! I usually leave a few plain so I can add fresh fruit once they’ve been warmed up. I’ve tried a bunch of different topping options, and so far apples mixed with a little cinnamon and then topped with fresh, local honey is my favorite!

Slow Cooker Oats on the Go!

If you love morning oats, you won’t regret trying this quick and easy Slow Cooker Oats on the Go recipe!

27 Responses to Slow Cooker Oats on the Go!

1. Heather says:

I have so many oats in my pantry. I can’t wait to try your recipe!

2. Robin Rue says:

I had no idea I could make oats in my crock pot. I need to try this. They sound super yum!

3. Candy says:

Why have I not tried slow cooker oats. Love using my slow cooker and cleaning is great. We love steel cut oats and fresh fruit toppings

4. Tammy says:

What a clever idea you have here. I never thought about putting already made oats in the freezer. Thanks for sharing.

5. lisa says:

I never thought to do oats in the slow cooker! This is a great idea. We are huge fans of oatmeal in our house.

6. Love the idea of making these ahead! The mornings are always a mad dash on making something for the kids breakfast. I can totally make these in a snap!

7. Pam Wattenbarger says:

I just bought way too many oats and have been wondering what to do with them. This is such a good idea.

8. Something new I would love to try making in my slow cooker. There are so many delicious things to make in a slow cooker and I never thought that would include breakfast! Thanks for the idea.

9. Lindsay says:

These look awesome! I love having healthy breakfasts made and ready to go in the morning. I’ll be trying these!

10. This would be perfect for my youngest. She is loving the overnight oats, but I’m sure she would love these as well.

11. Teresa says:

These would actually be the perfect mid morning snack for my kids and I. We leave so early in the morning, eating breakfast very early and my mid morning – they are starving!

12. This looks like a great recipe. I’m going to have to try it out.

13. Literally looks perfect!

14. Crystal says:

Now that’s a great breakfast! I love the idea of keeping them portion sized in the muffin tin, too. Will have to try this!

15. jo says:

First time I’ve seen a recipe for slow cooker oats! They look great and tasty! Perfect for snacking. It’s the perfect size. 😀

16. Nikka Shae says:

This is such a good recipe for a wonderful breakfast!! Yummy!!

17. Stephen says:

Yum! Looks so tasty and healthy – always looking for some great breakfast recipes and this one looks perfect 🙂

18. I love oats but not instant oatmeal – this looks good!! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

19. Char says:

These are a great idea and they look cute. Come share them at Family Joy Blog linkup if you get the chance.http://pursueyourproject.com/family-joy-blog-linkup-58/

20. Sophie says:

Wow this look soooo yummy ! I will try it tomorrow, Thank’s for sharing !

21. Lori says:

These look awesome and super easy! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

22. Beverly says:

This is such an awesome idea. I love making dishes that I can freeze and then heat up.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party,
    Bev

23. sahana says:

Such a great breakfast idea. Thank you for linking up with us at #HomeMattersParty . We would like to see you again next week.

24. Miz Helen says:

Your Slow Cooker Oats On The Go will be awesome! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

25. Hil says:

I really really really want to try this! My family has oatmeal for breakfast a lot. I can’t wait to try this out with them. I don’t have a timer and hate the recipes that ask for a timer to turn on later. I may even try this out tonight.

Thanks for linking up at #bloggerspotlight

26. Tasty and always nice to have a nutritious and easy go to recipe! Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday 118.

27. Kriska Marie says:

Thanks for the idea! Will copy your recipe. 😀

Thanks for sharing it over at Food Friday. Excited to see what you’ll be sharing next! 🙂