Is there a more classic holiday treat than peanut brittle? I remember watching my Nana make it around Christmas time each year. It was one of her favorite treats, and grew to be one of mine as well. Another holiday favorite, and a classic in its own right, is chocolate bark… and the 90 million variations of it! I decided to combine 2 of my favorites into one new new holiday treat and its an instant classic! Meet the Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark!

Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

And can we talk about how easy this Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark recipe is? If you can even really call it a recipe… Its really just made up of 2 ingredients (3 if you add some extra peanuts) and takes very little time!

Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

Now, the whole not taking a whole lot of time part and only 2 ingredient thing, all comes with the assumption that you’ve already made your favorite peanut brittle recipe already. Personally, I love this light, crisp, and airy version from Tastes of Lizzy T’s.

Once you’ve got your peanut brittle sorted out, you’re ready to add in the chocolate bark part to this Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark!

Step one – Break up the peanut brittle. You want small to medium size chunks.

Step two – Melt the chocolate in the microwave.

Step three – Mix half your peanut brittle into the melted chocolate and spread out on a wax covered cookie sheet.

peanut-brittle-chocolate-bark-1

Step four – Sprinkle the remaining peanut brittle on top of the melty chocolate. Shake and shimmy the cookie sheet around a little to settle the brittle into the chocolate.

Step five – Freeze for 30 minutes.

Once your Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark is hardened, break into manageable chunks. Serve cool, and store in the fridge or freezer.

Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

This Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark makes a great gift too! Simply bag it up, add a pretty bow and gift away! I’m sure they’ll thank it you for it once they’ve gobbled it up!

12 Responses to Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark

1. amindfullmom says:

Seriously genius!! I love this idea so much!

2. Michelle J. says:

We’ve always made peanut brittle, but I’ve never considered adding chocolate.

3. Amy Orvin says:

I run out of ideas sometimes on what to make for dessert. I have never tried this before. I bet this will be a BIG hit!

4. Great gift! I’d love some!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

5. Oh man, two of my favorites in one candy.
    Pinning this.

6. Amanda says:

Such a simple yet delicious and thoughtful gift! Thank you for linking up to the Creative K Kids’ tasty Tuesday – I can’t wait to see what kind of yummy goodness you come up with next week!

7. Looks delicious and so pretty in those gift bags. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

8. Amy says:

This peanut brittle looks amazing. I can’t wait to make it. Thank you for sharing on Show and Tell Link Party.

9. Miz Helen says:

I would love to get a bag of your awesome Peanut Brittle Chocolate Bark! Hope you have a fantastic week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

10. Yum! I will have to remember this for next Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday Blog Hop!

11. Kimberly Flickinger says:

I love peanut brittle and I love candy bark. Will definitely have to try this, thank you for sharing.

12. Rosie says:

This is a cool idea, and I have been enjoying the peanut/chocolate combo with a daily mug cake lately, and I can now enjoy this flavor combo with a new idea!