One of my favorite Christmas traditions growing up was the stuffing and opening of the stockings on Christmas morning! Each of us 6 kids would get a new, crisp twenty dollar bill the week before Christmas to spend at the local dollar store. The only requirement on how we spent the money was that we purchased at least one thing for each member of the family. Then the challenge of keeping the secrets came for the next week.
Bright and early Christmas morning we’d get up and BEG our parents to get the festivities rolling. Tradition was we’d all eat a big breakfast as a family, and while the breakfast preparations were going on, we’d take turns stocking each other’s stockings. Then it was time for breakfast! And oh what a breakfast it was each year! Sausage, gravy, crescent rolls, pancakes, bacon, fruit… you name it, we had it that morning. It was easily the best breakfast of the whole year!
Once breakfast was done, and the meal cleared from the table, it was time for stockings! We each had a turn to open, starting with youngest. This time was full of giggles, and smiles, laughter and lots of “ITS FROM ME!” moments. Basically it was Christmas morning perfection, and sometimes I wish I could go back in time to relive some of those moments again.
Now married, the Hubs and I have started our own traditions, but Christmas stockings was not one I was willing to compromise on. So we do it exactly the same way we did when I was a kid, with the exception of the budget and shopping location 🙂
Now I do most of my shopping online,
*Not EVERYTHING on my list made it here… just in case the hubs is reading 😉
- Vera Wang Princess by Vera Wang for Women – 3.4 Ounce EDT Spray
- Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3 Ounce
- Kenneth Cole Black By Kenneth Cole For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 Ounces
- Ralph Lauren Polo Red Eau de Toilette Spray, 6.7 Ounce
- Oooh Yeah Men Luxury Combed Cotton Crew Socks – Poop Emoji sock size 10-13 shoe size 8-13
- Socksmith Avocado Socks in Parrot Green
- Women Mermaid Socks Funny Socks Knee High Socks Beach Sock Cosplay Stockings one size, Blue
- Spring Fever Stylish Warm Blanket Scarf Gorgeous Wrap Shawl A Brown Red
- Ted and Jack – Teds Classic Cashmere Feel Checkered or Plaid Scarf Green Tartan
- Sannysis 1Pair Beautiful Silvering Rhinestones Hoop Stud Earrings For Women-About an Inch
- Platinum-Plated Sterling Silver Round-Cut Swarovski Zirconia Stud Earrings 2 cttw
- Alkii 3M Thinsulate Thermal Insulation Fingerless Texting Gloves with Mitten Cover – Cream
- LL – Fingerless Flipover Snowflakes Wool Blend Womens Mitten Winter Gloves Light grey
- Coffee Tea Cocoa Gift -Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Via Coffee, Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa, Tazo Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea, Honey, Ghirardelli Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Pumpkin Spice
- GHIRARDELLI SPICY CARAMEL DARK CHOCOLATE SQUARES 5.3oz BAG
- The Girl You Left Behind: A Novel
- Paris for One and Other Stories
- Real Simple
- Martha Stewart Living
- The Whistler
- Amazon.com $25 Gift Card in a Snowflake Tin Happy Holidays Card Design
- Starbucks Gift Cards, Multipack of 4 – $10
- Hand Held Scalp Head Massager – Pack of Two Colors May Vary
- PajamaMania Slipper Boots with Rubber Sole Grey wWhite Snowflake Fairisle-LXL
Now on to MY Giveaway!
Have you started your Christmas Stocking Stuffer Shopping yet? No? Well let me help! I’ve joined forces with The Kids Did It & The Mommy Island, as well as some other awesome bloggers to bringing one heck of a Giveaway Hop! Enter one, or enter them all!
Now on to MY Giveaway!
To help with your Christmas Stocking Stuffer Shopping, I’m giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card! Enter below, and then continue on to the rest of the giveaways in the giveaway hop!