I remember spending HOURS upon HOURS as a tween and teen helping my Mom and Nana clean, process and can fresh produce from our garden. Actually is was more like DAYS. And I wasn’t exactly thrilled about it. Hello tweener attitude issues 😉
This post contains affiliate links. Shopping through them helps support Busy Being Jennifer, at no cost to you 🙂
Of course I was ALL about the results a few months later, there is something about enjoying something that you put your blood, sweat and tears into. It really does taste so much better! Like this Canned Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Salsa, it takes some work, but the results are SO worth it!!
Canned Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Salsa
• 7 cups red tomatoes, chopped – I had a ton of cherry tomatoes and they worked perfect!
• 2 large onions,
• 1 green bell pepper
• 1 red bell pepper
• 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped (seeds can be left in for more heat)
• ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
• 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
• 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste).
• In a slow cooker add onions, peppers, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, and coriander.
• Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3-4.
• Right before salsa is done cooking, add in the cilantro, and basil.
• Allow to slightly cool.
• Spoon the salsa in to a blender or food processor. Pulse until it is the desired thickness.
• Add in salt to taste.
• This salsa can be frozen or you can can it for future use.
I used a BallFreshTech Canner and it is so worth the splurge if you do a lot of canning.
• If you are using a water bath method in a large pot bring water to a boil.
• Sanitize your canning jars by submerging them for about 5 minutes.
• Use your canning tongs to remove the jars.
• Spoon salsa into canning jars leaving about ½ inch of space at the top.
• Wipe the rim and place the lids and rings onto the can.
• Using the canning tongs place the jars back into the water bath for about 45 minutes.
• Remove from heat and allow the jars to cool ensuring a secure seal.
• This will keep for about 1 year
There is nothing like opening up a can of delicious HOMEMADE salsa! Especially when you’re in the mood for some mexican food or just want chips and salsa! This Canned Slow Cooker Restaurant Style Salsa will definitely satisfy the whole family!