Oh peaches. Sweet juicy delectable peaches, how I love thee! And I’ve loved them even move over the last few years since I moved to Texas! There is something so amazing about enjoying fruit that was practically grown in your back yard! We’ve got a few local peach orchards that have produced some of the best of the best this year! I got to split a giant basket full with my in-laws earlier this summer, and this incredibly delicious peach cobbler was one of the results!
Prep: 20 minutes
Baking: 25 to 45 minutes
Total: 45 to 65 minutes
- 1¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2 cups Sugar (divided)
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 6 Peaches
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 1½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- You can remove outer skin of peaches by dropping in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute, and then transferring to a bowl of ice water until peach is cool. The skin peels off much easier. Remove seed pit and slice peaches.
- Put 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup of water, and all peach slices into stovetop pan and bring to boil. Stir occasionally. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice, vanilla, and cinnamon. Set off burner.
- Mix 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 1 cup sugar, and ¼ tsp. salt. Add 1 cup almond milk and mix everything together.
- Melt butter and put in bottom of baking dish. Add flour mixture. Then add peach mixture, butter, batter and peaches. The batter will rise above the peaches while baking.
- If you use 13 x 9 baking dish, bake 40-45 minutes. If you use individual serving size bakeware, bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
The most complicated part of this whole recipe is pealing the fresh peaches, but once that is done, this delicious peach cobbler is prepped and ready in no time! And believe me when I say its worth the effort to peal those fresh peaches! There’s nothing quite like them!
This is easily one of our favorite recipes when it comes to peaches! This Delicious Peach Cobbler is great paired with some vanilla ice cream or just as it is 🙂 Other than my Mother-in-Laws Peach Ice Cream ( I’ve really got to share that recipe some time!), this is my hubs most requested dessert! The whole family loves this tasty treat!
PS if you love recipes that use fresh peaches, check out this Peach Streusel Muffin Recipe!