I have had a long standing love affair with vintage sheet quilts! Ever since I stumbled across the idea on instagram 5+ ish years ago. I’ve been an avid vintage sheet collector ever since! I’ve made a few vintage sheet quilts over the last few years, from baby quilts to lap quilts to full twin size vintage sheet quilts, and I’ve always said I was going to make and keep one for myself. Well at least that was the plan! The last few I’ve made, have ended up as gifts 🙂

Well, I’ve finally done it! I’ve made a Vintage Sheet Quilt for myself and its the best one I’ve made yet!

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

If you follow my life/blog account on instagram, you would have seen lots of behind the scenes peeks at this project! These are just a few…

2016-03-19 14.22.41-2

2016-03-20 11.56.50

2016-03-23 22.46.03

I gotta tell you… this keeper was worth the wait in my mind! Yes I’ve said that I was going to keep previous vintage sheet quilts, but I’ve added to my collection over the last 6 months and this little beauty has squares of sheets that no other quilt I’ve made has had before or will again. I think thats one of the things I love most about these quilting projects. They’re so unique, and impossible to duplicate!

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Vintage Sheet Quilt 2

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

There is something about this combination of florals and swirls and colors of this one that has me all googly-eyed! Even my neighbors goats and horse were fans of my latest quilting creation 🙂

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

I’m in love with the fabrics on this one for sure, but I think what really gives it the perfect finishing touch is the minty-aqua colored and rosebud fabric that I used for the binding. Its my current favorite fabric and I love the way that it pulls it all together!

I’ve been snuggling and relaxing under this vintage sheet quilt most of the weekend and its the perfect blanket to cozy up and read away the weekend!

Here’s some of my other Vintage Sheet Quilt Projects…

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Vintage Sheet Quilt (101 Handmade Days)

vintage sheet quilt - this one I'm keeping! - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Patchwork Vintage Sheet Quilt

8-Dreamy-Vintage-Sheet-Quilts-from-BusyBeingJennifer.com_-682x1024

Vintage Sheet Quilts – Tips and Tricks for Making Your Own!

Simply-Vintage-A-Vintage-Sheet-Quilt-BusyBeingJennifer.com_

Simply Vintage – A Vintage Sheet Quilt

Hexi-Baby-Quilt-using-Vintage-Sheets-busybeingjennifer.com_-729x1024

Vintage Sheet Hexi Baby Quilt

25 Responses to My Best Vintage Sheet Quilt Yet!

1. elle spann says:

aw how fun! a lady my mom works with just gave me my first wedding present – a homemade quilt!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

2. This is a beautiful quilt!

3. LOVE it! Have a box of vintage sheets that I picked up years ago just waiting for this project, with your great inspiration I may just get to it. Hmmm, just realized that I actually already am using a bunch of those sheets for a rag rug, but I do have a bunch of kid themed ones that i’ll just have to use instead. Thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

4. gerhardamandanel says:

I would love to make something like this!

5. charleneasay1 says:

This is beautiful. I would love to make one of these. You should link up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party. Check it out http://thinking-outside-the-pot.com/?p=2407

6. Lindsay says:

I LOVE vintage sheet quilts! This is so beautiful!!! I love the texture the quilting gives it, too. Awesome job!!! Enjoy your new quilt!

7. JOY says:

That’s a grand collection of beautiful sheets! I’m thrilled to see someone else uses sheets for quilts. I do not understand folks that say using sheets in quilts is a bad thing. Even QOV rules say don’t use a sheet for backing. Today’s sheets are very soft and very strong and can already be found in second hand stores & yard sales. I’m glad your sharing and influencing others to make the same beautiful project.

8. janetvlt says:

Great post, I’d love you to consider sharing it at http://tryit-likeit.com/link-party-it

9. Keri says:

This is a beautiful sheet quilt! You did a wonderful job on this. I can see why you are keeping it. I would like to invite you to link up to our party, Sweet Inspiration. It starts on Friday and runs until Tuesday. Hope to see you there.

10. Lea says:

I love everything about this quilt! It’s gorgeous.

11. Maureen says:

Jennifer,

Where do you find these sheets? Yard sales?

Maureen

12. Your quilt is SO pretty!

13. Margo says:

You did a beautiful job!

14. Just gorgeous- really, all of them are. I love, LOVE working with vintage bed sheet fabric!! I’d love it if you’d link up to Talk of the Town- every Tuesday at 8 pm Eastern! http://www.sadieseasongoods.com/talk-town-link-party-17/

15. Debra C. says:

Have to say I have a serious soft spot in my heart for quilts and vintage? Well even more! So beautiful – thanks so much for sharing your beautiful project with us at #FoodieFriDIY – I’ll be featuring your quilt this week – come back and link up another great project!

16. Organized 31 says:

What an absolutely gorgeous quilt! I love that you recycled (old) vintage sheets, so it’s gorgeous, nostalgic and earth-friendly. Congrats, you’re featured this week on the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party.

17. Tracey says:

I just happened on a picture of your quilt on another blog. It is so beautiful, I love it! I do so wish I had your talent.I

18. Michelle L says:

How pretty it is! i love the wild collection of florals, and love that you use these discarded vintage fabrics that can be repurposed into art like this. Lovely!

19. Emma says:

I love this quilt, I must make one for my little girl with all my Vintage sheet stash.

20. Coombe Mill says:

Really pretty and it looks great quality too.

21. vicky myers says:

Its beautiful – no wonder you are keeping it:)!!

22. Such a gorgeous quilt Jennifer!!