You know what I love about cake pops? Its deliciousness on a stick! Its like the ultimate dessert ON A STICK! Talk about portable and convenient! Not to mention a great way to use up left over cake! These Milk Chocolate Cake Pops are pretty much perfection!

Easy and Delicious Milk Chocolate Cake Pops - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Milk Chocolate Cake Pops Recipe:

Ingredients
1                             Confetti (Birthday Cake) Cake Mix
1 C                          Vanilla Icing (prepared or homemade)
1 C                          Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles for Garnish
Food grade Popsicle Sticks (shown) or Candy Sticks

Easy and Delicious Milk Chocolate Cake Pops - BusyBeingJennifer.com
Directions

Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. Let cool completely.

If desired, you can cut off the brown “bark” or crusts off the cake. Then continue on to crumb up your cake – taking it by chunks and breaking it into small crumbs.

When the frosting is at room temperature, start by adding half of the icing to your crumb mixture. Continue adding frosting until the cake crumbs come away from the sides of the bowl, much like dough. You want the consistency of wet sand.

With an ice cream scoop, scoop out portions of the cake mixture and then roll them with your hands till they are smooth.

Melt a small ¼ cup portion of the chocolate chips. With cake pop sticks (or simply Popsicle sticks), dip one end in the melted chocolate and then place them in the cake ball approximately half way. Be sure not to go all the way so that the stick shows on the other bottom!

When all the cake pops have their sticks, place them in the fridge on a sheet pan lined with parchment to cool and harden up. After approximately ½ hour – an hour, take them out.

Melt the rest of the chocolate and with a spoon, spoon the chocolate onto the cake pop gingerly. Lightly scrape off the rest that drips, sprinkle any sprinkles or other decorations you want on the pops, and then place it back on the baking sheet.

When they are complete, return them to the refrigerator to cool completely.

Enjoy!

Easy and Delicious Milk Chocolate Cake Pops - BusyBeingJennifer.com

Would you be surprised to learn that I’ve never made cake pops before? These Milk Chocolate Cake Pops were ridiculously easy that I want to make them ALL the time in ALL the flavors! And now that I’ve discovered that one of my local grocery stores has gluten free cake mixes, I probably will!

27 Responses to Milk Chocolate Cake Pops

1. These are always such a cute idea!!! And so fun to make too! Perfect for a party 🙂

2. Helen Fern says:

What a great party treat! Thanks for sharing on the “What’s for Dinner” linky!

3. Justine @ Little Dove says:

I love these. I still have yet to attempt cake pops but I really want to! I did have to laugh a little bit when you made the comment about leftover cake, because, um, that never happens at our house, lol. 😀

4. Mmmmm, these look and sound delicious. I need to make some for my girls! They would love this!

Thanks for sharing and linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

5. Emily says:

Awesome tutorial! Thanks! I love forward to making cake pops with my kiddos. I think they’ll like the ones they make even more!

6. Seriously yummy! Love the sugar sprinkles! Saw your DIY on Artsy Fartsy Mama’s linkup.

7. What a great idea for a kids party and the adults too.
    Bev

8. I’m definitely making these with my youngest two kids. They’ve been into helping in the kitchen lately, and would love these!

9. Kati says:

Yum! These look so good 🙂

10. […] Printable Mother’s Day Card || Creative Block? You Can’t Force Creativity || Milk Chocolate Cake Pops […]

11. Judy says:

Those milk chocolate pops look delicious. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I’ve Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

12. Those look amazing!! My son would love them! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

13. You had me at leftover cake, not that it’s that much of an issue at our house, lol! Thanks for linking up with us on Throwback Thursday!

Mollie

14. Emma says:

Yum will have to help my kids make these, and then eat them all myself lol 😉

15. Michelle L says:

Hi, Jennifer! I’ve never tried them before, this is a great easy tute. I think even I (world’s worst baker) could handle this. Your photos are gorgeous, btw!

16. Coombe Mill says:

So pretty and deliciously bite sized!

17. vicky myers says:

these look perfect for a party, and rather scrummy! not sure I could restrain myself to only one!

18. I do love cake pops – these ones look so good with the chocolate and sprinkles!!

19. Oh my… so glad I came across your post! My kiddos are in love with cake pops and I have been hesitant to make them because they appeared to be challenging. However, after reading this; I most definitely can handle making these. Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,
    Lisa

20. Beverly says:

What a delicious treat. Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party.
    Hugs,
    Bev

21. These look so yummy! Sharing on FB & Twitter. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Have a great week!
    Kim

22. Amy says:

These Cake Pops look so fun. Thank you for sharing at Think Tank Thursday.

23. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner link up!

24. These look SO good! Pinned so I can remember to try this recipe. Thanks for linking up at the Home Matters Link Party! We hope to see you again next week:) #HomeMattersParty

25. Miz Helen says:

Your Milk Chocolate Cake Pops look fabulous! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

26. Theresa says:

Oh yummy! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Pinned & shared.

27. Kriska Marie says: